Listen now to JingleMad Radio here or find out more at Radio Today.
brmb - Groove Addicts 2003
  • tom_htom_h August 2012
    Hi all.

After flicking through the dial and becoming depressed at the state of local radio (or the lack of it) here in the West Midlands I decided to do a bit of researching into a station I miss, brmb. I'm quite young (17) and new to this radio and jingle thing but I was wondering if anybody knew of a copy of the Groove Addicts Capital Jingle set (the brmb version) from 2003. I've found a demo of all the cuts but they're too close together to listen to them individually. I know it's a long shot but this is what this website is for so I thought I'd give it a go!

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not a massive fan of 'sung' jingles but I think these sound great and it's a shame brmb is no longer around.

Cheers!
  • ratnobratnob August 2012
    tom_h said:

I'm not a massive fan of 'sung' jingles ...

What?! Now those are words we don't often see on this site!
  • Not a fan of sung jingles? - you're at the wrong bus stop then, shame on you ;-)

Have you tried www.jinglenews.com (Montages) - I seem to recall they had some BRMB 2003 stuff there. I would check for you myself but that site always seems to slow my computer down for some reason, pages/audio take forever to load and as I'm "getting on a bit" (oh happy days!) I don't have time to waste.

Now wash your mouth out and repeat after me "I was wrong, I do actually like sung jingles", "I was wrong, I do actually like sung jingles" - DO IT!!!.

Good luck with your search.
  • Here's a selection of the main cuts.
    BRMB - Groove Addicts by aircheckdownloads
  • tom_htom_h August 2012
    Cheers for the help. Somebody kindly sent me some individual cuts.

Okay, okay. I like SOME sung jingles, maybe it's because I'm young and they sound old? :)
  • simon_t123simon_t123 August 2012
    Not so keen on the above Groove Addicts cuts ... but these reportedly rare & unused BRMB cuts from Reelworld sit better with me :)

Reelworld - BRMB 2001 (Rare !) by flamingoodmedia

... which begs the question why they are either rare or went unused !!!
  • which begs the question why they are either rare or went unused !!!

The ReelWorld composite isn't that rare as there are quite a few copies floating about. Also they did make to air, but only for 4-5 weeks. There was a change management at the time and when the new PD came in (Adam Bridge if I recall) he pulled the package.
  • tomobietomobie August 2012
    Here are 3 tracks from Groove Addicts BRMB Package. I think this package was from either 1989 or 1990.

BRMB ~ Birmingham - UK
  • mbmb August 2012
    Much later tan 1989 or 1990 it was Autumn 1993

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion