Listen now to JingleMad Radio here or find out more at Radio Today.
BBC Radio 2 80's Choir Jingle
  • middmidd October 2011
    Hi Guys. Does anyone have a 320kbp/s copy of a Jingle from Radio 2 from the mid-late 80's. It's a choir singing the station's name.... almost Christmas like, but it was aired throughout the year. Thanks in advance.
  • BarrasBarras October 2011
    Only got a 192kbp/s copy...
  • ratnobratnob October 2011
    Was this the awful frequency change jingle? If so, avoid!
  • MarcMannetjeMarcMannetje October 2011
    Hi Midd you might just go to http://www.jingles.com/jam/radioids/demodl-HolidayJam.php?category=6 and click the 'Acapella'. You can hear it as often as you like!
  • middmidd October 2011
    Thanks for the reply folks. Any chance you could put up the 192 kbp/s version Barras?
  • middmidd October 2011
    Absolutely brilliant....thanks gameswizard..... much appreciated!
  • GrahamCollinsGrahamCollins October 2011
    I hope Bob that 'awful frequency change jingle' doesn't refer to the very clever upmarket
    promo recorded by the King's Singers for the BBC in 1978 and actually released as a 45 single. I have to admit to owning an original copy and still marvel at the effort that went into it.

The King's Singers - so named as the original members went to King's College, Cambridge.
    Chalks said:

The King's Singers - so named as the original members went to King's College, Cambridge.

Thanks for the info. Chalks, never knew that about King`s College, Cambridge...

I know about the County Sound stuff but did they record jingles for other statons too ?

And...was it the King`s Singers or Mike Samme Singers who sang a package for Capital Radio ?

• MarkSMarkS October 2011
    Believe it was the Swingle Singers that did the Capital bits...
    Correct, it was the Swingle Singers, got that package at #28 on my list....

28 Metro Radio – (? Which jingle company) complete package 1980
    The Swingle Singers – Capital Radio 1978
    Metro Radio music-beds
    Aircheck of CFUN Vancouver, Canada

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion