Listen now to JingleMad Radio here or find out more at Radio Today.
Alfasound In Northampton
  • I grew up listening to Alfasound jingles on Radio Northampton - if anybody has any of the 1986 package I would love to hear them again. The station has used sung jingles since 1982 but unfortunately with the generic package on the way to all BBC locals soon this looks likely to come to an end.
  • jonnojonno May 2011

I grew up listening to Alfasound jingles on Radio Northampton - if anybody has any of the 1986 package I would love to hear them again. The station has used sung jingles since 1982 but unfortunately with the generic package on the way to all BBC locals soon this looks likely to come to an end.

Hi Martin, welcome to jinglemad, hope this helps
    http://jinglemad.com/index.php?/files/file/1869-bbc-radio-northampton-demo-alfasound/

• thanks Jonno you have made my day! The 80's Alfasound jingles sound a bit dated now but I still love to listen to them and these brought back so many memories, thanks again
  • amigoamigo May 2011
    I love this package, I first heard these jingles whilst dx'ing in Cardiff. I remember hearing the cut at 45 secs in with the following lyrics...

#1107 and stereo 104, Radio Northampton.

Has anyone got the full pack?

Amigo
  • wixy1360wixy1360 June 2011
    Richard, I do believe that some of the actual 1980s Alfa reference versions (rather than the demos) for CNFM and BBC Northampton are possibly still availble to purchase (legitimately, I might emphasise!) on CD dub for a small but reasonable fee from Mr England?
    ;^)

• I love this package, I first heard these jingles whilst dx'ing in Cardiff. I remember hearing the cut at 45 secs in with the following lyrics...

#1107 and stereo 104, Radio Northampton.

Has anyone got the full pack?

Amigo

Amigo,you are correct. The cut actually had 4 versions
    - one of the family (as in this package)
    - and stereo 104
    - your county sound
    - in the summertime
  • SpoonsSpoons June 2011

Richard, I do believe that some of the actual 1980s Alfa reference versions (rather than the demos) for CNFM and BBC Northampton are possibly still availble to purchase (legitimately, I might emphasise!) on CD dub for a small but reasonable fee from Mr England?
    ;^)

Stopped selling them Iain... but hopefully when he gets bored in his retirement he might start again with those VHS tapes!! Here's hoping!
  • star+tetleystar tetley August 2011

Stopped selling them Iain... but hopefully when he gets bored in his retirement he might start again with those VHS tapes!! Here's hoping!

Mcasso in Northampton now - it's just not the same.
  • BarrasBarras August 2011

I grew up listening to Alfasound jingles on Radio Northampton - if anybody has any of the 1986 package I would love to hear them again. The station has used sung jingles since 1982 but unfortunately with the generic package on the way to all BBC locals soon this looks likely to come to an end.

Speaking of BBC Radio Northampton, you might want to checkout this video aircheck I put on YouTube a while ago, features some Northampton jingles too...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion