Listen now to JingleMad Radio here or find out more at Radio Today.
AJ PRODUCTIONS Steve Wright morning and amp; afternoon montage
  • BarrasBarras November 2005
    From the "embargoed" section of my jingle collection, I`ve just managed to get permission from Anthony James, to allow me to post some of his jingles here. There are literally hundreds of cuts for Steve Wright - hope you like this montage I`ve put together :)

http://www.streamload.com/davidbarras/AJ_SteveWright.mp3

Pleased to tell you also, Anthony is working on two montages of Steve Wright jingles which will be uploaded soon to the AJ website...

http://www.bluefo.com/

David Barras
  • RobinBlamiresRobinBlamires November 2005
    Thank goodness there are some people who have the heart to let the masses hear their material!

A stunning montage there, but whenever I hear Steve play his theme on his show I keep expecting to hear "Steve Wright In the Morning" sung at the end. Looking forward to hearing more from AJ.
  • petewilsonpetewilson November 2005
    Well Done David.....Bloody Excellent!
    One of those Gems that come along every so often :D
    In my opinion AJ has produced some of the best (if not the best!) UK Jingles...
    I just hope the montages appear in my lifetime! :lol:
  • danjamesukdanjamesuk November 2005
    Excellent! Thanks David - one hell of a montage.

Always great to hear AJ's work. Just listen to the arrangements and production - immense attention to detail and one of the nicest, tightest jingle sounds you could ever hope to hear.

Nice one!
  • m_hodgeym_hodgey November 2005
    Thanks David; What fantatsic jingles! :D

Like most other collectors, I've been after Steve Wright jingles to no avail for years and years. Thanks for posting the montage as it was fantastic to hear some of them again and in superb quality.

Thanks again.
  • BrammyBrammy November 2005
    That's got to be the best montage yet from you Mr Barras.

The AJ stuff really has that 'something'.

Superb!
  • chad123chad123 November 2005
    that was great im a big fan have you got a jingle from his shows in the i think in the 80s it goes the big fm in europe and thanks again :)
  • stevostevo November 2005
    Truly excellent montage David.Thanks for sharing.

Bit of a pity that the Steve Wright compilation CD for collectors that was talked about some time ago on the BLUEFO website never came to fruition.
  • JingleMadJingleMad November 2005
    Thanks to AJ for allowing us to hear them too!

They are a great listen!
  • BigdaveBigdave November 2005
    Aren't they good?

Thanks for putting a smile on my face after a hard day....:D

And a big thanks to Lord Barras of Jingle- simply a legend in his own lunchtime!
  • ah-mediaah-media November 2005
    Cheers Dave.

Was listening to some old off-air stuff from the early 90's.

There is a fairly fast sung jingle that goes "Steve and the Posse on Radio 1 FM".

Does anyone know if this was one of AJ's creations too? Been trying to find a decent copy but to no avail :(
    Thanks jingle comrades for the complementary comments about the montage.... :)

Everyone who has posted here, knows I have a bias towards JAM, however, the Steve Wright jingles from AJ Productions are for me personally, the best UK jingles I`ve ever heard (help ! I`m agreeing with Pete Wilson :P )

I sent the link to this forum-posting to AJ in New York and Anthony has just replied asking me to "thank" everyone for the kind comments about the Steve Wright jingles.

David Barras
  • ah-mediaah-media November 2005
    Barras wrote: help ! I`m agreeing with Pete Wilson :P )

Nurse ! The sedatives NOW !!!

:twisted: :twisted:
  • jivebunnyjivebunny November 2005
    What A Montage Top Stuff Again David

Thanks For It :D
  • JingleMadJingleMad November 2005
    Thanks David... I've always wanted to hear those cuts.
  • mastymasty November 2005
    Fantastic - brought back some great memories, thanks for posting !
    As we all seemed to enjoy the AJ montage so much thought I would post this one with a selection of cuts done for Steve Wright's Saturday show on Radio 2 by AJ.

http://rapidshare.de/files/7784014/02_Steve_Wright_Saturday_Show_-_Radio_2.wma.html
    stevo wrote: As we all seemed to enjoy the AJ montage so much thought I would post this one with a selection of cuts done for Steve Wright's Saturday show on Radio 2 by AJ.

http://rapidshare.de/files/7784014/02_Steve_Wright_Saturday_Show_-_Radio_2.wma.html

Does anyone find that they can download from that poxy Rapid Share?
    All I get when I try anytime is something like;-
    "You have requested the file 02_Steve_Wright_Saturday_Show_-_Radio_2.wma (4441418 Bytes). This file has been downloaded 3 times already.
    IMPORTANT: Download-accelerators are only supported with a PREMIUM-Account!

You have downloaded 26254 KB in one hour. Want to download more?
    Get your PREMIUM-Account now! Many advantages! Instant access!"
    :?
    petewilson" wrote:
    As we all seemed to enjoy the AJ montage so much thought I would post this one with a selection of cuts done for Steve Wright's Saturday show on Radio 2 by AJ.

Does anyone find that they can download from that poxy Rapid Share?
    All I get when I try anytime is something like;-
    "You have requested the file 02_Steve_Wright_Saturday_Show_-_Radio_2.wma (4441418 Bytes). This file has been downloaded 3 times already.
    IMPORTANT: Download-accelerators are only supported with a PREMIUM-Account!

You have downloaded 26254 KB in one hour. Want to download more?
    Get your PREMIUM-Account now! Many advantages! Instant access!"
    :?

Seem to recall you had a similar problem when I posted something previously using Rapidshare Pete.I can't understand why it won't work for you.Perhaps someone else would be good enough to upload it again.Will post it again with Yousendit if not.
  • jivebunnyjivebunny November 2005
    And Stevo Thanks For It. :D

Thanks for doing that
    Already had it though!
    (Used to be on the AJ Site till about a year ago) :)
    ah-media wrote: Cheers Dave.

Was listening to some old off-air stuff from the early 90's.

There is a fairly fast sung jingle that goes "Steve and the Posse on Radio 1 FM".

Does anyone know if this was one of AJ's creations too? Been trying to find a decent copy but to no avail :(

ah-media,

found this "posse" cut from AJ Productions... :)

http://www.streamload.com/davidbarras/AJ_SteveWright_Posse.mp3

David Barras
    thanks for this keep them coming :D
  • Matt_BartonMatt_Barton November 2005
    I've just added to the downloads area a quick montage of Steve Wright jingles, recorded off air in the early 90s. It includes some AJ material and once it appears I hope you enjoy it (despite my lack of editing skills!) :?

Cheers,

Matt
  • IanIan November 2005
    obviously it's not appeared yet so I haven't heard it yet, but try "Audacity" as an editing programme.
    It's available free on www.snapfiles.com
    thanks just heard it its good keep theme coming
  • ttestevettesteve November 2005
    I've posted these elsewhere on the forums previously but, seeing as this is starting to build into a rather nice Steve Wright thread, thought it might be worth throwing these back into the mix. Both are made up of recordings off-air from around 1989-91.

Off-the-Air Montage One

Off-the-Air Montage Two
  • martinlestermartinlester November 2005
    Barras wrote: From the "embargoed" section of my jingle collection, I`ve just managed to get permission from Anthony James, to allow me to post some of his jingles here. There are literally hundreds of cuts for Steve Wright - hope you like this montage I`ve put together :)

Pleased to tell you also, Anthony is working on two montages of Steve Wright jingles which will be uploaded soon to the AJ website...

http://www.bluefo.com/

David Barras

Thanks a Lot for posting the AJ Cuts David, I have always been a fan of
    the Steve Wright Jingles

You Don't happen to have a clean copy of the following cut as I have been after this for Years!

"Its the show with excitement and plenty of fun its all on Radio 1 -Steve Wright in the afternoon (My Favourite station) Radio 1"

Also an alternative mix was

"If you've got the Time, we got the slime , its show biz gossip time, all the dirt your ever need and now it hears Steve"

Thanks

Martin

Jingles1@gmail.com
  • SpoonsSpoons November 2005
    WOW WOW WOW!!!!!

Bloody fantastic Mr B!

8O
    martinlester wrote:
    Thanks a Lot for posting the AJ Cuts David, I have always been a fan of
    the Steve Wright Jingles

You Don't happen to have a clean copy of the following cut as I have been after this for Years!

"Its the show with excitement and plenty of fun its all on Radio 1 -Steve Wright in the afternoon (My Favourite station) Radio 1"

Also an alternative mix was

"If you've got the Time, we got the slime , its show biz gossip time, all the dirt your ever need and now it hears Steve"

Thanks

Martin

Jingles1@gmail.com

Martin,

if I find it I`ll post it here.....

David Barras
  • ratnobratnob November 2005
    These AJ Productions cuts are fantastic - bringing back so many memories of Radio One. Many thanks for posting.
  • GrahamCollinsGrahamCollins November 2005
    Top man David - really good to hear those again. I don't often drool whilst listening to jingles..........

I wonder what else lurks at Barras towers ;)

It's staggering how much material has been produced by AJ for Steve over the years and incredible that it has remained largely off limits to the likes of us. Those with access to dubs must have been under pain of death to let ANYTHING leave the studio !

Bring on the AJ CD. Surely the Radio 1 cuts could be released now ?
  • thehexthehex November 2005
    Thanks for the AJ Steve Wright cuts - so great to hear some of these again! :D
  • BarrasBarras December 2005
    When they were on Radio One - this is what Steve Wright and the posse would have said about this Jinglemad posting melarky !!!!! :)

http://www.streamload.com/davidbarras/AJ_Cack.mp3

David Barras
  • AJ-NYCAJ-NYC December 2005
    Hi all. Just wanted to say thanks for your comments about my archive stuff and especially thanks to David Barras who put together that montage.

Just to let you know that I have updated the AJ site , which is still very much a "work in progress" as I'm mainly songwriting these days. There is a new Steve Wright montage on there of some things you may not have heard and I will put a more "classic" Steve Wright montage on there very soon.
    Thanks again.

AJ" rel="external">www.bluefo.com.

Thanks again.

AJ
  • ratnobratnob December 2005
    Wonderful - so many great memories here. AJ - thank you.

Geoff Barton
  • petewilsonpetewilson December 2005
    Nice one AJ...Thanks
    Look forward to the Classic Steve Wright Sampler!
    Those were the days when it was Fun tuning into Radio One just to see what gems you had created for Steve Wright that week!!
    Something you don't get anymore on the network! :(
  • AdminAdmin December 2005
    Thanks to both of you for these. So good to hear them again. I had forgotten how good they sound!
  • petewilsonpetewilson December 2005
    3 Cheers for AJ..........
    Go to his site and you will see why!! :wink:

Thanks
  • BarrasBarras December 2005
    Montage #2 from the Steve Wright collection.

http://www.streamload.com/davidbarras/AJ_SteveWright2.mp3

Many thanks again to AJ for allowing me to montage these superb jingles and for letting me share them on Jingle Mad.

Enjoy !

David Barras
  • fredgreekfredgreek January 2006
    Great jingles. Does anyone have a clean version of the jingle he currently uses to open the show?
  • NickySNickyS January 2006
    Now all we have to do is persaude AJ to release a CD of all the Steve Wright stuff :-)
  • martinlestermartinlester January 2006
    NickyS wrote: Now all we have to do is persaude AJ to release a CD of all the Steve Wright stuff :-)

Yes that would make a great start to 2006! :wink:
  • BarrasBarras January 2006
    NickyS wrote: Now all we have to do is persaude AJ to release a CD of all the Steve Wright stuff :-)

I`m still trying !

David Barras
  • BarrasBarras May 2006
    Just bumping this post up for Natt who was asking about AJ Production`s music for Steve Wright. Music bed at 3:06

http://jinglemad.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3655#18218

David Barras
  • Neunie74Neunie74 October 2006
    The link no longer works. Does anyone have this package saved???
  • gameswizardgameswizard October 2006
    you can download the file here:
    STEVE WRIGHT MONTAGE
    Mike.
  • BarrasBarras October 2006
    Neunie74 wrote:
    The link no longer works. Does anyone have this package saved???

Marc.

all the AJ montages I posted are now back on-line.

David Barras

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion