Listen now to JingleMad Radio here or find out more at Radio Today.
Mike Allen on Capital
  • nigelnigel November 2005
    Hi, Does anyone have Mike's jingles from his Capital days (70's or early 80's) please? I'm especially looking for "It's the Capital sound, 'cos the man's in town" and "Mike Allen gives you just a little bit more" but anything else would be fab. Please help and post them so others outside of Capital's range can hear 2 quality name cuts.
  • BarrasBarras November 2005
    Apologies for the tape quality but it is 26 years old. At least it will let the "newbies" hear this classic jingle. :)

Mike Allen on Capital 194

http://www.streamload.com/davidbarras/MikeAllen_More.MP3

I`ll have a search around for the other jingle also..........

Enjoy !

David Barras
  • BrianBrian November 2005
    I met Mike Allen the other week when I popped into the Saga/Primetime studios where I was shown around by Gavin McCoy...o.k. Jonesy enough showing off. :oops: get back to eating your dinner in your bedroom.
  • coolntcoolnt November 2005
    Barras wrote: Apologies for the tape quality but it is 26 years old. At least it will let the "newbies" hear this classic jingle. :)

Mike Allen on Capital 194

http://www.streamload.com/davidbarras/MikeAllen_More.MP3

I`ll have a search around for the other jingle also..........

Enjoy !

David Barras

sure it was great! thanks David
  • GrahamCollinsGrahamCollins November 2005
    I've got both the cuts you list recorded off-air. Fab stereo quality and the fronts are good but Mr Allen insists on talking over the tails..........any good ?
    Chalks wrote: I've got both the cuts you list recorded off-air. Fab stereo quality and the fronts are good but Mr Allen insists on talking over the tails..........any good ?

The Bastard Brothers even talk over the end of this Bruce Springstein jingle !!! :lol:

http://www.streamload.com/davidbarras/Capital_Springstein.mp3

David Barras
  • enerjeeenerjee November 2005
    [quote=Barras The Bastard Brothers even talk over the end of this Bruce Springstein jingle !!! :lol:

http://www.streamload.com/davidbarras/Capital_Springstein.mp3

David Barras

Was that for real? If so, was Mike taking the 'mickey' of Roger Scott or John Sachs? And did that ever go to air?
    enerjee wrote: Was that for real?

It`s from a radio spoof CD by the Bastard Brothers. If you want a copy - drop me an email at:

davidbarras@blueyonder.co.uk

David Barras
  • nigelnigel November 2005
    Thanks David for finding one of them - Great to hear it again.
    Chalks, thanks for the offer and yes please to posting them. You never know someone else may have them with clean tails so I'll keep the old digital blade out just in case.
    Thanks again,

Nigel.
  • GrahamCollinsGrahamCollins November 2005
    Hi Nigel

Check your private messages - your prayers have been answered :)
  • petewilsonpetewilson June 2012
    Another one of my Quests in "Keeping UK Produced Jingles of the 60's and 70's alive" !
    I went up in the loft looking for some of my unmarked "Off-Air" cassettes from the late 1970's but couldn't find the one with my Capital Radio Recordings,
    (Although I have found some others that I will be asking questions about eventually) :/
    Anyway could anyone post the two "Mike Allen" Jingles again please?
    Also does anyone know who produced them?
    Somewhere at the back of my mind the name "Roger Squires" is sounding.....
    They were definately custom cuts for Mike Allen and not part of the main package(s) at the time.
    I know CPMG bought "The Best Disco" Cut in 1981 but Ben can't remember who it came from.

Best Regards,

Pete
  • BarrasBarras June 2012
    Pete, I apologised for the dropout in November 2005 when I first posted this jingle aircheck...

BTW it looks like Chalks is our man for both jingles....

You just get to hear the Mike Allen jingle in this aircheck, I remember recording this on a crap cassette machine at an aunt`s house in London, boy…I wish we had the internet then...the guy ending the news bulletin, sounds like Dickie Arbiter, the Queen`s former press secretary.

Mike Allen on Capital 194 by DavidBarras
  • wixy1360wixy1360 June 2012
    How "grown-up" Capital sounded then - compared with today.
  • AndyWAndyW June 2012
    Barras said:

the guy ending the news bulletin, sounds like Dickie Arbiter, the Queen`s former press secretary.
    >DavidBarras

Sounds more like Douglas Cameron to me.

• Yeah, I've still got them on one of 4 MiniDiscs so will have a trawl through tomorrow and post what I have :)
  • Found them both - quality reasonable, considering they were recorded off-air in 1978 onto cassette:

CAPITAL RADIO mike allen by Graham C
  • SeanMartinSeanMartin June 2012
    AndyW said:

Barras said:

the guy ending the news bulletin, sounds like Dickie Arbiter, the Queen`s former press secretary.
    >DavidBarras

Sounds more like Douglas Cameron to me.

Yes, that's Douglas.
  • petewilsonpetewilson June 2012
    Thanks for posting them Graham...
    Just need to find out who produced them back then in the 1970's? :-?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion