Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

BBC Local Radio is changing
  • InfernoInferno March 2010
    Fred Hart wrote:
    BBC Hereford and Worcester have now started using the new jingles with the same voiceover people as they used with their old, sung package.

Yeah I heard that too on Midlands Today on Friday evening. They were doing a news story about the station, planting treees to be green, and the Masco jingle briefly appeared. I couldnt help but grumble...
  • simon_t123simon_t123 March 2010
    Without being able to listen anytime soon, what logo have the gone for ? "Hereford & Worcester" has a good few more syllables than Merseyside, Essex or Cornwall ... If they've crammed the full name instrumentally I think that'd not sound so good !!!
  • mbmb March 2010
    I understand that bordering stations canot use the same cuts and therfore there is abit of a rush as if you are the last station to hget the package in a region that borders others you'll be left with the crappy (ier) cuts that everyone else left. Hence a few stations getting in quick in the hope of securing some decent cuts from carnage produced. Still they do seem to have a common theme in BBC LR land most people hate em!
  • fredgreekfredgreek March 2010
    ST wrote:
    Without being able to listen anytime soon, what logo have the gone for ? "Hereford & Worcester" has a good few more syllables than Merseyside, Essex or Cornwall ... If they've crammed the full name instrumentally I think that'd not sound so good !!!

Remember they're called BBC Hereford and Worcester not BBC Radio Hereford and Worcester; and the name has the same number of syllables as BBC Radio Merseyside ;)

They've actually gone with the same logo as BBC Essex, so effectively missing out the "and" (obviously its instrumental though).

That means that there's no need for BBC Coventry and Warwickshire to have a completely new logo... they could say have the same logo as BBC Radio Merseyside, effectively missing out the "and" from their name in the logo.

BBC Coventry & Warwickshire are still using the Bespoke jingles at the moment, and I hope they continue for a while... having said that, their jingles were made in 2005 :|
    Ahhhh thanks for the info Fred, makes sense then "Coventry Warwickshire" or "Hereford Worester" yep ... BBC Kent I'd imagine who were tipped to start using them sometime soon would match BBC York's logo. Are there any stations that would need a more unique logo ?

Interesting sniffing about the locals that some even though adopting the new package and having websites with logos dropping the word "radio" that some of those same stations have retained the word in their stations names ...

BBC Cov & Warks yep, a great package, I tried to get some of those cuts when Bespoke ran their last £100 offer, but I was told the BBC cuts are blocked at the moment, obviously still in use.
  • timbotimbo March 2010
    Just for Fred and ST then, here is an extract of two cuts; BBC Hereford and Worcester, then York's TOTH breakfast cut. Compare and contrast for syllable fitting!

And whilst I know I mentioned a while back that Kent will be taking the package around now, that is still the case....but let's just say it can be expected before May.

Cheers
    There's not file attached my good man !!! I can pick Kent up from around here. The Jingle Network Newscast for this month confirmed that BBC Humberside & BBC Cumbria are taking more S2Blue cuts as an extension of their current packages ... I heard the Peter Levy Show cuts & was expecting some of that "refreshed modern singing style" that's sadly not in the cut's featured, S2Blue have some cracking vocals on some packages emerging from Leek right now, but the traditional sound I was never really a fan of ...

If Locals have access to all the Mcasso Id beds I'd imagine they could refresh as & when they fancied ? Unless the tracks are allocated for a certain time ...
  • simonp4simonp4 March 2010
    Humbersides new idents go on air next Monday. They've refreshed most of the original S2Blue cuts with new instrumentation and rhythm tracks, added a number of brand new cuts with the same logo and had some new individual programme cuts made - including Humberside sings from some of the classic PAM's oldies that S2Blue have the rights to. I'm pleased, Humberside have a very strong logo theme - would have been a shame to have replaced it with the new bland central logo.

I hear that the Peter Levy cuts were fully sung and due to play out on both Humberside and Lincolnshire - but as the later has the new rather dull BBC central package with no sings - the full versions were dropped in the Lincolnshire feed.
  • timbotimbo March 2010
    Hmmm fairly sure they were attached,how annoying, I'll try again.....

...that seems to have failed too, anyone else having problems, it's not that difficult to do so don't think I'm at fault here. Sorry
  • MikeBrownMikeBrown March 2010
    Fred4 wrote: I hear that the Peter Levy cuts were fully sung and due to play out on both Humberside and Lincolnshire - but as the later has the new rather dull BBC central package with no sings - the full versions were dropped in the Lincolnshire feed.

That right, i was listening to both feeds last week and the Humberside jingle has a voice over then the sing, where as the Lincolnshire jingle has a voice over and then just instrumental, which was timed to play slightly later so Levy spoke over the end.
  • wixy1360wixy1360 March 2010
    Timbo...
    What format is the audio file?
    Only MP3 will get accepted, not WAV or WMA.

Also - what length / file size please?
    Humberside have said I can put one of their new jingles up on here... seems to confirm that they are not going to be using the new new central BBC package.

http://jinglemad.com/e107_files/public/1268765215_11966_FT75978_snoopy_vs1_128k.mp3 filename:snoopy_vs1_128k.mp3
  • timbotimbo March 2010
    ...I was at fault (numpty and ashamed of myself!).

http://jinglemad.com/e107_files/public/1268765265_1091_FT75978_hw_news-v2-cut07-212-6a.mp3 filename:hw_news-v2-cut07-212-6a.mp3

http://jinglemad.com/e107_files/public/1268765265_1091_FT75978_york_toth_breakfast.mp3 filename:york_toth_breakfast.mp3
  • mbmb March 2010
    I've heard better music going up in a lift
    Well done Timbo (its easily done to have an upload crash - especially when the file size limit is faulty, like last week - but all fixed now!)

Fred is that an S2Blue item above?
    Yes Wixy - its from S2Blue
    Thanks Fred - I like the "fresher" yet still "British" vocal sound - seems to have a bit more "life" in it than some UK vocals of late!
  • deedahdeedah March 2010

Looks like Sheffield is next. A "brand new sound" (and schedule) from Monday...

• Hi,

Thought you'd like to know the refreshed BBC Radio Humberside package (that we produced earlier this year) and mentioned above is now on our website at: http://www.s2blue.com/Radio-Jingles-Imaging-BBC-Radio-Humberside-Refresh-p312.aspx

As you'll hear the package includes additional cuts, new instrumentation on existing cuts and fresh vocals in a traditional group style - I know this is different to the 'new S2blue sound' but the more traditional vocals suited the package and were what the station wanted.

The refreshed package went live on the 22nd March.

On top of the main package we also resang some PAMS cuts for the station - the PAMS jingles are used on the station’s nostalgia shows and run with their main package. The PAMS cuts are also available on our website at: http://www.s2blue.com/Radio-Jingles-Imaging-BBC-Radio-Humberside-PAMS-Resings-p313.aspx

As mentioned above we have also refreshed the BBC Radio Cumbria package which include new cuts (composed in partnership with Lee Turner), new vocals and reworks of existing cuts and these will be going on our site soon.

Anyway hope you enjoy these.

Simon

www.s2blueimaging.com

• mbmb April 2010
    Nice cuts - At last some BBC Local imaging with a bit of sparkle!!!
  • InfernoInferno April 2010
    Nice jingles there Simon! Really like the harmonies of the Pams cuts too! Keep up the good work
  • GazzaGazza April 2010
    Sorry to report that the generic, insipid ID package arrived on BBC Radio Leeds today.
  • STEVEFMRADIOSTEVEFMRADIO April 2010
    The plinki-plunk package aired on BBC Radio Leeds this morning with little warning - but there was a saving grace the team at: you know who, them who make so many great idents you'd never heard of them (yep! them) they had a novel idea on this one and changed the setting on the Yamaha/Casio FX1000 in their bedroom so there is a new plinky plunk sound with waves,whooshes and a vague melody (did I say a melody) they have progressed to 'How to Play The Synthesizer Book 2-for the more advanced jingle creating novice. To it's credit The Leeds pack has a decent variant of the news build which is streets ahead of any other from this set and extra dimension and depth to many of the general cuts plus the use of the best industry M/F voices different to the generic pair has made it bareable but the package will become tired long before the previous iq beats masterpiece which like BBC Manchester made BBC local start to sound different and a little more edgy with Trish Bertram V/Os compared to much of the network. BBC Sheffield ended their love affair with Bespoke however Diana Luke was still playing some the other Saturday though realised it should not have been played as it was not the thing to do now the plinkies are in town - now Sheffield sounds absolutely terrible compared to BBC Leeds take on these cuts - a weak news-in build sounds like a mouse on the bontempi box organ. Such a shame as BBC Sheffield had a great on air branding. Give it 2 years and it will be consigned to WAV recycling bin.
  • wixy1360wixy1360 April 2010
    Steve has submitted this audio sample of the Leeds "news-build...

http://jinglemad.com/e107_files/public/1271714574_75_FT75978_bbcleedsnewsbuild2010.mp3 filename:bbcleedsnewsbuild2010.mp3
  • wixy1360wixy1360 April 2010
    Personally, I feel it is rather unfair of Steve to claim that the company involved have changed the setting on their Yamaha/Casio FX1000...

The level of audio sophistication on this latest incarnation of the BBC Local generic package clearly demonstrates that the "image producer" is working at the cutting-edge of synth technology, having been to WH Smith and bought a 1978 Archive copy of ETI (Electronics Today International) and built for themselves the "ETI String Synthesiser Kit" with parts from Maplin, complete with Texas Instruments 7400-series NAND logic gates and National Semiconductor 741-series op-amps!
  • DavidHemsleyDavidHemsley April 2010
    Erm . . . to be honest, I quite like the Mcasso imaging . . . it just fits with the BBC and doesn't bang in on the broadcasts - yeah it's sad that the stations have to use the same stuff or variations of it - but the overall sound is not bad at all.
  • JustMattJustMatt April 2010
    If all the BBC Stations have to have this new imaging, how come some are getting S 2 Blue Jingles, whats the deal then, how have they got out of having the Mcasso stuff?
  • fredgreekfredgreek April 2010
    David Hemsley wrote:
    Erm . . . to be honest, I quite like the Mcasso imaging . . . it just fits with the BBC and doesn't bang in on the broadcasts - yeah it's sad that the stations have to use the same stuff or variations of it - but the overall sound is not bad at all.

Despite having initially criticised it earlier on in this thread, I sort of agree with David on this.

Over Easter I was listening to BBC Hereford and Worcester, and when heard in context the jingles don't sound bad. They may not be the S2Blue or IQBeats style that many of you love, but that doesn't make them terrible.

The jingles are a little bit boring if you're the sort of person who records them off air and plays back nothing but the jingles for hours, but at the end of the day they're not designed for collecting - they're designed for being used as on air iodentification of a radio station.

I don't like all the cuts; the one that most so far seem to be using as the TOH I'm not too keen on, but I quite like the two which are used on BBC Radio York and BBC Radio Leeds.
  • mbmb April 2010
    Just Matt wrote:
    If all the BBC Stations have to have this new imaging, how come some are getting S 2 Blue Jingles, whats the deal then, how have they got out of having the Mcasso stuff?

They don't have to they are invited to. Editors with a background in news and little on air imaging experience tend to go for the centrally produced packages but others prefer to use thier budget on thier own. sorry david usually agree with you but on this one the who sound sucks big time!! It's awful totally awful. Stations are rushing to pick it up as they cannot use the same cuts as a neighbouring station so if you are last to pick it up and sations on 4 sides are using it you only have the (less) crappy cuts to choose from.
    This package needs to be taken outside and shot to put it out of its misery.
  • timbotimbo April 2010
    ...And here is (a clip of) the clean Leeds Bed without V/O. Send me a post if you want to trade for the fulls. I have a range of them. For anyone interested, heaven knows quite why, the clip is taken from cut NEWS-V4-CUT02-334-4.

And I think I've already said in this thread I'm not too adverse to this package, it has grown on me. Sure I'd prefer something else rather than all stations having the same sound, but I think many of the managing editors at local Beeb just are being squeezed for cash left right and centre. This is one way to save some cash. I don't think they can be blamed for that.

http://jinglemad.com/e107_files/public/1271800130_1091_FT75978_leeds_news_edit.mp3 filename:leeds_news_edit.mp3
  • JustMattJustMatt April 2010
    Maybe BBC Local radio should be centrally controlled so that they all have the same sound, as they do virtually the same thing, programme wise, it would be a good identity.

Mcasso imaging is different from the norm, and its good to be different, but I dont think BBC Stations should be able to choose indivialualy and the rest take the Mcasso.
  • GBGB April 2010
    BBC Radio Bristol and BBC Somerset are the next ones to take up the package, according to Mcasso's website. I quite like this new imaging, particularly the close of the BBC Essex travel.

Does anyone know who created the current superb BBC Sussex/BBC Surrey package?
  • fredgreekfredgreek April 2010
    Still using their 2006 package at the moment, so guess they will be starting within the next week.

The Mcasso website says only 12 stations have their jingles so far, and there's 40 stations in BBC Local Radio - so there's still quite a way to go before everyone has them, and as we found the other day there are still cuts we haven't heard before.
  • timbotimbo April 2010
    "BBC Radio Bristol and BBC Somerset are the next ones to take up the package, according to Mcasso's website"

I quite like the Somerset/Bristol package at the moment...anyone have the Bristol version of the attached?

http://jinglemad.com/e107_files/public/1272231475_1091_FT75978_som_news_60sec_edit.mp3 filename:som_news_60sec_edit.mp3
  • Hi,

As you know I’ve been working with Lee Turner on some new custom S2blue packages – we were talking about the BBC discussion on here and he’s asked me to post that the recent BBC Surrey/Sussex package was actually produced by himself and James Drew, working as Wicked Music Production.

In addition Wicked produced packages for BBC Solent, Leicester, Bristol, Somerset & Norfolk.

We also recently worked with Lee on the refreshed package for BBC Radio Cumbria – we remixed and revised instrumentation on some of the existing cuts, which were composed by Maurice Cheetham, with Lee working on a number of new cuts. There were new vocals added to all the reworked and new cuts.

On a side we’re doing the final mixing on the new customs with Lee (Mansfield, Hi FM in Oman and Spirit FM) so these should be on www.s2blueimaging.com in the near future.
  • mbmb April 2010
    kewl look forward to hearing those!
  • timbo wrote:
    "BBC Radio Bristol and BBC Somerset are the next ones to take up the package, according to Mcasso's website"

I quite like the Somerset/Bristol package at the moment...anyone have the Bristol version of the attached?

http://jinglemad.com/e107_files/public/1272231475_1091_FT75978_som_news_60sec_edit.mp3 filename:som_news_60sec_edit.mp3

I absolutely love the news build from this package. Thanks for posting the BBC Somerset variant. From rummaging in the archives it would seem that these are based on a BBC Leicester package.

Enjoy the Bristol flavoured version!
    http://jinglemad.com/e107_files/public/1272708594_4510_FT75978_-_bbc_radio_bristol_-_news_build.mp3 filename:-_bbc_radio_bristol_-_news_build.mp3
  • MikeBrownMikeBrown May 2010
    All I'm going to say is thank god I live in the Radio Humberside area!
  • The Leeds TOTH has a great advantage over some of the other variants - because it builds twice, changing quite significantly at 38 seconds in, it *should* be almost impossible for even the most inept presenter to crash the v/o
  • wixy1360wixy1360 May 2010
    Just back from France, and having heard the excellent latest France Bleu (equivalent of BBC Locals) sung jingles, there is NO excuse for BBC Locals having to scrabble for the "pick" of the Meccano "package" (correct - little bits of fiddly stuff cheaply bolted together).

If the FB's can afford to have superb & distinctive custom sung material without any embarrassment of "overlapping" areas having the same jingles but with simply their location/department/city/region sung differently on the "end-tag", why are the BBC so myopic?

(...and yes, I DID hear several Beebs with the new "idents" while driving down to the Hull ferry - the Scottish word "dreich" sums them up IMPO!)
  • Whatever I've said previously I've been collecting the ruddy things now ... There is something about them that's not really that bad, and on the one hand it's nice to have things that conform to a framework whilst having a litte bit of locality in there, the local musical logo's seem to provide that to stations ...

However ... Whilst I say these things, I'm by now getting a bit tired of hearing the stuff here in Essex, if there's 700+ cuts why do stations only seem to be rolling out several ? Essex presenters get max 2 ID's it they are lucky, some like Ray clark & Sadie Nine use longer talk over beds which are good to hear, but the Essex use of the cut down news build with a rather dead end (no trail off) and the traffic sequence every 15 minutes at peak periods ... well it's all starting to get a bit boring !!!
  • On a related but sideways subject, Absoloute Radio have some pretty good sounding instrumental ramps, stings & idents in their current package, they use a strong logo also but the beds are quality, well instrumented etc :)
  • BBC+SxBBC Sx May 2010
    Does anyone know when the new jingles are coming to Sussex? Thanks!
  • GBGB May 2010
    I'm very suprised that there's talk of BBC Sussex already changing their imaging to the corporate package. Their package has only been airng for just over a year, and less than a year in sung format. BBC Radio Kent has been airing it's IQ beats package for about five years, although they are also due to take the Mcasso imaging.
  • timbotimbo May 2010
    And BBC Kent takes the new package from start of play Monday 31st May. First play is on a trail for Mondays cricket coverage.
  • timbotimbo May 2010
    ...which is on air this weekend before the package changeover.
  • rakrak May 2010
    'A Passion for Kent' - with each cut split between Richard Allinson and Janice Vee. Personally I think a strapline without the word Kent in it would be better. Still, it's not as repetitive as "Kent's Radio Station - BBC Radio Kent", which reminds me of Glen Thompsett's last night on LWT saying (with tongue in cheek) "This is London Weekend Television, television for London at the weekend".

The beds are OK, but I don't think they'll have the 5 year plus shelf life of the IQ Beats stuff, which still sounded quite nice, esp the old TOTH.
  • mbmb May 2010
    ST wrote:

However ... Whilst I say these things, I'm by now getting a bit tired of hearing the stuff here in Essex, if there's 700+ cuts why do stations only seem to be rolling out several ?

Because each station can only choose a small section, then neighbouring stations have to choose but cannot share any cuts that are already gone with a station on thier border.So each station is quite restricted. I just think they were out of thier depth on this project both the person at the BBC and the company making the jingles with little idea what they were doing on both sides.
  • rak wrote:
    'A Passion for Kent' - with each cut split between Richard Allinson and Janice Vee. Personally I think a strapline without the word Kent in it would be better. Still, it's not as repetitive as "Kent's Radio Station - BBC Radio Kent", which reminds me of Glen Thompsett's last night on LWT saying (with tongue in cheek) "This is London Weekend Television, television for London at the weekend".

The beds are OK, but I don't think they'll have the 5 year plus shelf life of the IQ Beats stuff, which still sounded quite nice, esp the old TOTH.

Hmm...not bad, but not brilliant. Certainly not as good as the second Alfasound package, or the shared package with BBC Nottingham (which was used before the IQ Beats set).

Is it just my radio, or are the travel jingles a bit quiet? And there's nothing to go out of the news from (yet).

So how many does that make it? Eleven by my reckoning - Cornwall, Devon, Essex, Hereford & Worcester, Kent, Leeds, Merseyside, Newcastle, Stoke, Tees and York?
  • RWRW May 2010
    denzil1976 wrote: So how many does that make it? Eleven by my reckoning - Cornwall, Devon, Essex, Hereford & Worcester, Kent, Leeds, Merseyside, Newcastle, Stoke, Tees and York?

Also Bristol, Lincolnshire, Nottingham, Sheffield and Somerset. BBC Tees aren't using it yet.
  • freq-kyfreq-ky June 2010
    BBC Radio Cambridgeshire still not yet taking it (My apologies if I've made it sound a bit rude).
  • Hi,

Thought you’d all like to know BBC Radio Cumbria went live today with their refreshed package from us.

I’ll be sending out some more information on both the BBC Radio Cumbria and the BBC Radio Humberside refreshed packages soon but in the meantime you can hear the refreshed BBC Radio Cumbria cuts on our website at: http://www.s2blue.com/Radio-Jingles-Imaging-BBC-Radio-Cumbria-p317.aspx with the PAMS resings at: http://www.s2blue.com/Radio-Jingles-Imaging-BBC-Radio-Cumbria-PAMS-resings-p318.aspx

Enjoy!

Simon

: Simon Prentice
    : Managing Director
    : S2Blue Imaging
    :
    : t. 01538 370 160
    : f. 01538 372 595
    : w. www.s2blueimaging.com & www.FreenotesMusic.com
  • upsweepupsweep June 2010

Hi,

Thought you’d all like to know BBC Radio Cumbria went live today with their refreshed package from us.

I’ll be sending out some more information on both the BBC Radio Cumbria and the BBC Radio Humberside refreshed packages soon but in the meantime you can hear the refreshed BBC Radio Cumbria cuts on our website at: http://www.s2blue.com/Radio-Jingles-Imaging-BBC-Radio-Cumbria-p317.aspx with the PAMS resings at: http://www.s2blue.com/Radio-Jingles-Imaging-BBC-Radio-Cumbria-PAMS-resings-p318.aspx

Enjoy!

Aghh - Proper Jingles, well done to all concerned, while the majority of BBC Local is being boring-nised imagining
  • simon_t123simon_t123 June 2010
    BBC Kent is using the same travel suite as BBC Essex, hmmm ... And the same news build as BBC York, which ... is a pity really, Kent did'nt opt for something a bit unique as per Leeds. I guess as others have said it comes down to editors following the suggestion of BBC English Regions to take Mcasso cuts but not really having much time from a busy news diary to sit and listen to the demo's or indeed what your neighbouring BBC local station is using already !!!
  • BBC+SxBBC Sx June 2010
    They've arrived at BBC Sussex this morning, so I presume they are on BBC Surrey at Guildford as well. So that's all of BBC SouthEast using them now!
  • RWRW June 2010
    BBC Sx wrote:
    They've arrived at BBC Sussex this morning, so I presume they are on BBC Surrey at Guildford as well.

They are indeed. Absolutely stunned that they've changed the jingles after such a short time, especially when other BBC Local Radio stations that are still using much older jingle packages have yet to change. They sound a real step back from the old jingles, only consolation is they're slightly better than Radio Kent's versions.
  • simonp4simonp4 June 2010
    Have been listening around to some of these... I just can't decide which is worse - the actual dull music tracks (although some of the newer ones are getting better), the repetitiveness of the "BBC" logo when they are in use or the tendency to use really syrupy voice overs? Or maybe is just a combination of all of these?

I'm not against the idea of a network wide package - but surely if you were going to do that, you'd want it to be brilliant?
  • mbmb June 2010
    Lets be honest the company they chose weren't up to the job and the person doing the brief and approving this stuff was out of thier depth.
  • BBC+SxBBC Sx June 2010
    I have to say I feel they are a step backwards here in Sussex. By the way, does anyone have any clean copies of these new jingles? I have the one minute BBC Sussex news build in anyone is interested.
    They're a step backwards BBC Sx, so no-one's collecting them ;) I can't understand the need to dump short lived packages for the Mcasso sound, it could be seen as a further waste of licence fee payers money !!!

When Mcasso say on their website they have won the pitch to image ALL the BBC Local Radio stations, they seem to imply then BBC London also ? Can't see that happening any time soon ... But then ... Who can really ever tell ?!
  • BBC+SxBBC Sx June 2010
    Well I can quite understand why people aren't! But if anyone reading this does have any clean jingles could they message me? Thanks all!
  • GBGB June 2010
    I like the new Mcasso jingles on BBC Sussex. They sound modern and contemporary. The old ones were good, but the new ones simply sound more tidy and up to date.

It's nice that BBC Sussex is finally up to speed with the other BBC Locals. They've always been a bit behind (mainly when they were BBC SCR) in the past.
  • mbmb June 2010
    I can't see BBC London taking them anytime soon nor Manchester. They'd have to be dragged kicking and screaming.
    Does BBC London come under the umberella of BBC Local Radio ? I've often wondered, always seems to do it's own thing ...
  • GBGB July 2010
    BBC Jersey now have the jingles as well.
  • simon_t123simon_t123 August 2010
    Something interesting dubbed from an area of the mcasso website I'd never come across before ... note at the start they demonstrate the simple development of the "B B C" musical logo which on this montage actually ends with some 'not very bad at all' vocals ! Perhaps the package was designed with instrumental or sung prospects in mind ? ...

A journey to Derby today had me hear mcasso on just Essex and Nottingham, there's huge swathes of the country un-mcasso'd (if ever there was such a phrase) many beeb locals still hanging on to in some cases packages which are becoming quite old, anyway ... the link here is to the audio I've dubbed off & edited into an mp3, enjoy.

http://www.flamingoodmedia.net/mcasso.mp3
  • Mercster08Mercster08 August 2010
    Hi Everyone, does anyone have the 2010 Mcasso Jingle for BBC Newcastle?? I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find it, I think the BBC Leeds one is the same but I am not sure. Can anyone help me, it would be much appriciated
  • GBGB August 2010
    Looks like BBC Guernsey will be the next station to take up the Mcasso jingles.
  • wiltshireblokewiltshirebloke September 2010
    BBC Wiltshire went live with the package as from yesterday.
  • fredgreekfredgreek September 2010
    So in the West/South West BBC regions BBC Radio Gloucestershire (my local station) is now the only non-Mcasso station! :D
  • pheelpheel September 2010
    I had a little listen to Wiltshire's jingles, and I particularly like the one at the end of the travel (would be great to hear from anyone who might have a clean copy!). Other than that the Wiltshire lot is just the same as everywhere else that has been Mcasso'd (to use ST's phrase!). The only other one I like is at the end of BBC Leeds' travel news, (again would love a clean copy!)
  • cubwolfcubwolf October 2010
    We now have them in Leicester.Not impressed
  • simon_t123simon_t123 October 2010
    not sure there's any variation in these left now for any stations still to take the packages ... be interesting to know how pressured from above stations are to use the Mcasso imaging, I wonder that as more flagship beeb locals seem to go their own way, as do some others. If it's a case of being forced then it's understandable that stations will carry Mcasso, but if it's a local 'choice' then some of the stuff being replaced by Mcasso imaging are sadly lost !!!
  • GBGB November 2010
    BBC Radio Oxford have now taken the contemporary Mcasso local BBC package.
  • BBC+SxBBC Sx November 2010
    hmm...so they're making progress across Britain! Perhaps i'm in a minority but I am starting to get used to them, in particular the new 'beds' which are quite bright in some cases. If anyone has got any clean copies of these , (there are some snippets of some already here), I would really love to hear from you!
  • LenGroatLenGroat November 2010
    When World war 2 started in 1939, all factories around Britain were forced to make 'utility ware' for both the troops and 'home market' - furniture, pottery, glass and so on that was cheap simple and functional with no unnecessary decoration ~ in other words 'art' went out of the window.

These idents (they are NOT jingles in any sense of the word) are a direct cost-cutting response by the BBC management (mindful of the government attitude towards the BBC) of the current 'financial war' affecting Britain. In other words they are...

cheap simple and functional with no unnecessary decoration ~ and any form of 'art' has gone 'out of the window'

Whilst I find the majority of BBC Local Radio to be pedestrian and VERY dull, it's a pity the talented staff on some stations are having their 'creative hands' tied behind their backs ~ but with Commercial radio in terminal decline jingle-wise these people have nowhere else to practice their 'radio art'.

Len
  • GBGB December 2010
    BBC Tees have now introduced the package as well.

Heard a couple of festive examples on BBC Sussex recently.
  • simon_t123simon_t123 December 2010
    2nd Xmas of use for BBC Essex, so my wonderings now are to do with when stations might refresh the cuts they use ? Essex have always seemed to possess a minimal number of cuts as it is, surely a group wide package could allow quicker refreshing of cuts ??? people have said there are lots to chose from ...
  • newsbeatnewsbeat December 2010
    I would love a clean copy of the news cuts/beds. That with the logo stabs is probably the whole package!

As much as you can criticize me for this, on BBC Radio Devon, I'm actually getting used to the sound of them now? Anyone else?
  • timbotimbo December 2010
    They have grown on me too...although here in Kent they were celebrating 40 years of Radio this weekend and playing the old sung jingles (which can be found on Jinglemad threads).
    Times change I guess and yes I suspect that with so many cuts, chopping and changing between may happen frequently.
    Kent changed their travel bed within a few months!
  • NickySNickyS January 2011
    Listen out I think Three Counties gets the corporate sound next week to tie in with a new schedule
  • GBGB January 2011
    BBC Three Counties Radio and BBC Coventry & Warwickshire have now changed to the modern sounding BBC local radio jingle package from Mcasso. The jingles sound great, just as they do on the other stations that have adopted them.
  • JustMattJustMatt January 2011
    BBC WM still have BBC Tees package from Music 4
  • newsbeatnewsbeat January 2011
    Music4 BBC Local packages are great! 3 Counties is still my favourite
  • debdenjubileedebdenjubilee February 2011
    I'm not a huge fan of the show, but I notice Alex Dyke's weekend show on Radio Solent has got some jingles especially for the show. Any ideas where these may be from?
  • JustMattJustMatt February 2011
    Anyone know who made these? BBC WM 2002.
    They are not bespoke as I have emailed them to Tim @ Bespoke and he emailed back saying they were hot his.

http://jinglemad.com/e107_files/public/1297207795_14723_FT75978_wm_2002.mp3 filename:wm_2002.mp3
  • BarrasBarras February 2011
    Just Matt wrote:
    Anyone know who made these? BBC WM 2002.

http://jinglemad.com/e107_files/public/1297207795_14723_FT75978_wm_2002.mp3 filename:wm_2002.mp3

BBC Creative
  • DavidHemsleyDavidHemsley February 2011
    Debden wrote:
    I'm not a huge fan of the show, but I notice Alex Dyke's weekend show on Radio Solent has got some jingles especially for the show. Any ideas where these may be from?

There is news of jingles for Alex Dyke on The Jingle News Show for winter - find it at http://www.thejinglenetwork.info
  • debdenjubileedebdenjubilee February 2011
    Thanks for that.
  • olly92olly92 February 2011
    Just noticed this morning that they are now on BBC Lancashire. The s2Blue cuts, gone!
  • fredgreekfredgreek February 2011
    Been meaning to post this for weeks!

BBC Radio Gloucestershire updated their Maximum Production (http://www.maximumproduction.co.uk/) jingles recently. News and Travel jingles in November with more new jingles arriving on air at the start of January this year. Certainly doesn't sound like they're wanting to get Mcasso just yet!

http://jinglemad.com/e107_files/public/1298717920_6620_FT75978_bbcglos.mp3 filename:bbcglos.mp3
  • InfernoInferno February 2011
    Olly wrote:
    Just noticed this morning that they are now on BBC Lancashire. The s2Blue cuts, gone!

That's very sad news. Those S2Blue jingles were very good and one of my favourite BBC local jingles....now replaced by the Massco disease :(
  • simon_t123simon_t123 February 2011
    Fred, thanks for uploading those ... interesting stuff :) and not too bad either !!!

I think in my region Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambs have yet to move to MCasso, wherras the first station to take 'em here in Essex is sounding ever more 'stale' by comparison to most !!!
  • DavidHemsleyDavidHemsley February 2011
    Jingle Network is reporting an update on this . . . www.thejinglenetwork.info from a very reliable source.
  • fredgreekfredgreek February 2011
    I think I spoke too soon then!
  • olly92olly92 February 2011
    Inferno wrote:

That's very sad news. Those S2Blue jingles were very good and one of my favourite BBC local jingles....now replaced by the Massco disease :(

Totally Agree! I have already got used to them though, it is weird.
  • MikeBrownMikeBrown March 2011
    David Hemsley wrote:
    Jingle Network is reporting an update on this . . . www.thejinglenetwork.info from a very reliable source.

As reported on the Jingle Network, BBC (Radio) Humberside is now using Mcasso.
  • coxlecoxle March 2011
    Can confirm Three Counties have the new stuff.

I wonder if anyone could point me towards the most recent Three Counties Radio jingles? They started in the first half of 2010 I think... they are refreshes of the classic jingle.

I have always liked 3CR jingles and these most recent were really good. Didn't last long though, barely a year!

I don't think they were by Music4... or at least it isn't on their website. Any help would be appreciated!!
  • NickySNickyS May 2011

Can confirm Three Counties have the new stuff.

I wonder if anyone could point me towards the most recent Three Counties Radio jingles? They started in the first half of 2010 I think... they are refreshes of the classic jingle.

I have always liked 3CR jingles and these most recent were really good. Didn't last long though, barely a year!

I don't think they were by Music4... or at least it isn't on their website. Any help would be appreciated!!

All the pre-corporate sound were from Music4 apart from the original 3CR jingles which were from a local Milton Keynes company.