Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

More jingle variety
  • jonnojonno August 16
    Not only have the trial small scale DAB multiplexes around the country given a breadth of listening choice to the areas they serve, but in Portsmouth, we now have a variety of stations using re-sung jingles from classic packages by major producers.

60s - PAMS
    80s Rhythm - AJ Productions
    45 Radio - TM Studios
    Skylab Radio - JAM
    and presumably United DJs are still using their TM re-sings too but I haven't listened for ages.

• petewilsonpetewilson August 16
    Who and where Are the first three stations jonno?
    I wouldn't mind taking a listen to the Jingles!
    60's PAMS...Real PAMS or S2Blue?
  • jonnojonno August 17

I wouldn't mind taking a listen to the Jingles!
    60's PAMS...Real PAMS or S2Blue?

S2Blue vocals I believe
  • jonno said:

Must say one thing all of above have missed the point lot of people listen on Smart Speakers now a days not one of them works , even 80s Rhythm that says available, my google speakers could not find it !

• PKPK August 17
    Isn’t Radio Caroline on the Portsmouth multiplex? They play lots of different jingles still from over their 55 plus year history.
  • jonnojonno August 17
    80s Rhythm works on Alexa
  • jonnojonno August 17
    PK said:

Isn’t Radio Caroline on the Portsmouth multiplex? They play lots of different jingles still from over their 55 plus year history.

]Most likely, I've just not listened to Caroline

• nleibonleibo August 17

jonno said:

went to the u-r-l (http://radio60s.co.uk)--clicked on "Radio 60's"--all i'm hearing is music (and don't even recognize any of this "music")--"color me confused"--where are the jingles?

• petewilsonpetewilson August 17
    nleibo said:

went to the u-r-l (http://radio60s.co.uk)--clicked on "Radio 60's"--all i'm hearing is music (and don't even recognize any of this "music")--"color me confused"--where are the jingles?

Ditto..I tried this one out this morning for about 30 minutes...No Jingles and mainly music I've never heard before!

• nleibonleibo August 19
    Good to know i have "company", Pete...:)
  • jonnojonno August 19
    Must be unlucky timing.. I've just listening for half an hour and heard cuts 3 and 7 from PAMS Series 27 "Jet Set" plus lots of songs I've heard of :)
  • jonnojonno September 16
    jonno said:

Not only have the trial small scale DAB multiplexes around the country given a breadth of listening choice to the areas they serve, but in Portsmouth, we now have a variety of stations using re-sung jingles from classic packages by major producers.

60s - PAMS
    80s Rhythm - AJ Productions
    45 Radio - TM Studios
    Skylab Radio - JAM
    and presumably United DJs are still using their TM re-sings too but I haven't listened for ages.

Update: Add South West's Goldmine to the list of stations on the Portsmouth DAB MUX using classic re-sings. This station broadcasts to Cornwall, Plymouth and West Devon on DAB but is also available on DAB+ via the Bristol and Portsmouth local trial multiplexes.

They have just played their re-sing of the TM BBC Shropshire image song :)
    https://soundcloud.com/jonno-10/goldmine-dab-tm-image-song/s-fZpKi

• mbmb September 18
    Love it!