Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

WABC Herb Oscar Anderson custom jingles needed
  • Hello,
    Looking to get the custom PAMS jingles for HOA from his time on WABC. Also looking for Scott Muni customs from his time at WABC. Can anyone help?
    Thanks in advance,
    Rich
  • don1400don1400 July 11
    JohnL, thank you for the HOA link. I have just one of those cuts, glad to have the rest, especially the cut from series 33.
    Thanks again,
    Rich
    Green Bay
  • JohnLJohnL July 11
    Glad to be of assistance! All my best from the Isle of Staten in NYC.
  • nleibonleibo July 14
    LOVE that "Funn" Sonovox...:)
  • don1400don1400 July 14
    Hey JohnL
    My Grandfather (RIP) was an oiler for the Staten Island ferry line back in the late 40's and 50's. Rode the ferry lots of times with him. Grew up on the island, now I'm up in the Frozen Tundra....don't ask! LOL
    Righ
    Green Bay
  • don1400don1400 July 14
    tcarman, many thanks for the HOA cuts especially the FUN sonovox. Grew up with WABC I cannot remember him being around when series 34 music power came ou, I checked dates and sure enough he was. Any more cuts available?
    Rich
    Green Bay
  • "Green Bay"? "1400" ?

WDUZ ?
  • don1400don1400 July 16
    Yes sir, and a few more...WIXX, Original WJLW and last WOGB.
    Rich

• Rich, nearly 50 years ago (gasp!) I mooched a jingles dub from "Green Bay's Number One"
    - they sent me their (ubiquitous) PT Now Sound :^)
    IJ
  • mjb1124mjb1124 July 16
    Thanks Tracy, great stuff I've never heard before. I especially like the alternate version of the country-ish cut from Fun Vibrations. Funny to hear "Dubya-ABC" when a lot of radio people complain about other radio people pronouncing it that way, plus a certain US President has that nickname.
  • don1400don1400 July 19

Rich, nearly 50 years ago (gasp!) I mooched a jingles dub from "Green Bay's Number One"
    - they sent me their (ubiquitous) PT Now Sound :^)
    IJ

Oh I remember those, DUZ was still using a few of them when I began working there in 1979. Owners were quite thrifty with the $$$$, they certainly had the dough to buy PAMS. It all came crashing down for DUZ after WIXX changed format to TM's Stereo Rock in early '76.
    Rich