Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Looking for My Home Town song for Beaumont, Texas
  • RickWRickW May 18
    Fellow collectors, does anybody have the PAMS Series 16 My Home Town song for Beaumont, Texas? Willing to trade you some fantastic stuff if you have this version.
  • RickWRickW May 18
    You're not telling me anything I don't already know Iain.

• Thanks for that link Iain..Never seen this one before and quite a collection of Hometown songs but don't like the weird links which sometimes don't take you to where they should do! ;-)

Pete

• "weird links"
    Wasn't aware - I hadn't delved very deeply into the site, although I noted he/they had plenty of pics
    of each actual 45 disk.
  • RickW said:

Fellow collectors, does anybody have the PAMS Series 16 My Home Town song for Beaumont, Texas?

What station was it sung for?
  • RickWRickW May 20
    No mention of a radio station on the 45 rpm disc. Might be a civic pride purchase but unknown at this time.
  • RickWRickW May 25
    Apparently the Beaumont My Hometown song was done for KAYC of which I have their Series 16 but the My Hometown song is not included.
  • RickW said:

Apparently the Beaumont My Hometown song was done for KAYC of which I have their Series 16 but the My Hometown song is not included.

It's not on my PAMS split-track reel either. There are only roughly 10 cuts there, and the Hometown Song isn't on the reel.

• RickWRickW May 27
    Looks like Craig's List or eBay is the only chance left unless a certain Texas based jingle executive puts an end to this and simply posts it as it's surely in their collection along with probably other versions nobody knows to exist.
  • RickW said:

Looks like Craig's List or eBay is the only chance left unless a certain Texas based jingle executive puts an end to this and simply posts it as it's surely in their collection along with probably other versions nobody knows to exist.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's likely not in "a certain Texas based jingle executive" collection. There have been other hometown songs looked for in the past and said executive has come to me and others looking to see if copies exist. So... For now I'd guess that eBay will be your best bet.
  • RickWRickW May 28
    On a PAMS My Hometown page this statement is written:

"There are no reliable records to tell us exactly how many "My Home Town" songs were produced, but it was ultimately used in markets large and small all over the world. There are hundreds of versions."

If "there are no reliable records to tell us exactly how many My Home Town songs were produced" how has it been determined that "there are hundreds of versions"? Can I please get some definitive proof that there are more then the 100 versions known to exist? Just please can anybody prove there are 10 other versions? Can anybody prove there was any other non-bootleg versions for any European station other then Radio London?
  • RickWRickW May 28
    Can anybody confirm any additional versions other then this list of 101?

Abilene, Texas 
    Akron-Canton, Ohio 
    Alexandria, Louisiana 
    Atlanta, Georgia 
    Austin, Texas 
    Baltimore, Maryland 
    Beaumont, Texas (***Still in search of***)
    Birmingham, Alabama 
    Boston, Massachusetts 
    Brownwood, Texas 
    Bryan-College Station, Texas 
    Cara Park Caravans - Version 1
    Cara Park Caravans - Version 2
    Charleston, South Carolina 
    Charleston, West Virginia 
    Chattanooga, Tennessee 
    Chicago, Illinois 
    Clacton, UK  (Bootleg sung over MHT Track)
    Clovis, New Mexico 
    Columbus, Ohio 
    Corpus Christi, Texas 
    Crowley, Louisiana 
    Dallas, Texas - Version 1 
    Dallas, Texas - Version 2 
    Dayton, Ohio 
    Del Rio, Texas 
    Denison/Sherman, Texas 
    Detroit, Michigan 
    Duluth, Minnesota 
    Edmonton, Canada 
    Elmira, New York 
    Evansville, Indiana 
    Farmington, New Mexico 
    Fort Dodge, Iowa 
    Fort Walton Beach, Florida 
    Fort Worth, Texas 
    Fresno, California 
    Harwich, UK (Bootleg sung over MHT Track)
    Henderson, Texas 
    Hills Supermarkets 
    Honolulu, Hawaii  
    Houston, Texas - Version 1 
    Houston, Texas - Version 2 
    Huntsville, Alabama 
    Jackson, Mississippi 
    Jamestown, New York 
    Joplin, Missouri 
    Kalamazoo, Michigan 
    Knoxville, Tennessee - Version 1  
    Knoxville, Tennessee - Version 2 
    Lake Charles, Louisiana 
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Leek, UK Moorlands Radio Version 1 (Bootleg)
    Leek, UK Moorlands Radio Version 2 (Bootleg) 
    Lexington, Kentucky 
    Lincoln, Nebraska - With KLIN call letters 
    Lincoln, Nebraska - Without KLIN call letters 
    Little Rock, Arkansas 
    London, England 
    London, England - Version by The Chantelles 
    Louisville, Kentucky 
    Lubbock, Texas 
    Lufkin, Texas 
    Madison, Wisconsin 
    Memphis, Tennessee 
    Midland, Texas 
    Montgomery, Alabama 
    Montreal, Canada 
    Nampa, Idaho
    Nampa, Idaho (PAMS Singer Auditions 1)
    Nampa, Idaho (PAMS Singer Auditions 2)
    Nashville, Tennessee 
    New Orleans, Louisiana 
    Orange, Texas 
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 
    Portland, Maine 
    Portland, Oregon 
    Providence, Rhode Island 
    Quincy, Illinois 
    Santa Maria, California - Vocal by Dan Alexander
    Seattle, Washington Radio Retrospective
    St. Joseph, Missouri 
    St. Louis, Missouri 
    Scranton/Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania 
    Shreveport, Louisiana 
    Spartanburg, South Carolina 
    Stop-n-Go Restaurants 
    Stop-n-Go Restaurants -Talkover doughnut version 
    Streator, Illinois 
    Tallhiemers Clothing Store 
    Tidewater, Virginia 
    Topeka, Kansas 
    Troy, New York 
    Tulsa, Oklahoma 
    Tyler, Texas 
    Waco, Texas 
    Washington D.C. - Version 1 
    Washington D.C. - Version 2 
    Wichita Falls, Texas 
    Williamson, West Virginia 
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina 
  • Does anyone really care? Threads like this make me regret making some of my reference copies available to collectors who have obviously passed them along. I should have kept them safely on the shelf. No good deed goes unpunished.
  • RickW said:

If memory serves me right, JMW said in one of his Rewound shows that the PAMS collection is so well preserved thanks to the tireless work of many collectors, for which I am incredibly grateful. However, not everything was saved, and it looks like you're going to have to make piece with that fact. If you can find something when searching on eBay, ETC. that's fantastic, and best of luck to you.

Edit: Added quote to show what I was posting in reference to.
  • I think you'll find that the tireless collector is TC, rightly peeved that his efforts have been passed on to third parties without a second thought....
  • ratnobratnob May 29

I think you'll find that the tireless collector is TC, rightly peeved that his efforts have been passed on to third parties without a second thought....

Yep. Just wanted to say that your integrity, TC, and those like you, continues to be much appreciated by many of us.
  • Just to add my support to that of Geoff and Graham.
  • Gentlemen.... without further public comment, thank you for the accolades. Collecting and archiving/digitizing these materials is a labor of love (stupidity?) shared by people like yourselves. I'm pleased to be in good company...!

-Tracy
  • RickWRickW June 6
    Received a message that my posting was inappropriate and upon review I agree so I would like to apologize to all for approaching this search wrong and if anyone took took offense. May I please have a do over?

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could please confirm any additional versions of the MHT song (besides Beaumont) other then what's on the list?

Thank you.

• RickWRickW June 8
    Rumor has it that MHT songs may exist for:

Flint, Michigan

Greenfield, Massachusetts

Laughlin, Nevada

Can anyone confirm?