Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Two brand new UK station customs...er...
  • Well, that doesn't happen very often these days :^)

1) reelworld for the "Country" station - sounds like the exact same as RW-USA have been churning out for 20-odd years. Not impressed.
    Was reelworld-UK/Europe involved at all? We know that THEY can DO a fresher sound that this tired half-vocodered stuff.

2) WiseBuddah (or is it now Wisebuddah?) for Bauer's "Hits Radio".
    A new logo "unique to the UK"? Really?
    Last 3 notes sound awfy like that on Original 106 and many others, i.e. simple note progression rather than "melody" as such
    and the same now-wornout hackneyed "3-stacatto-thumps" at the end instead of a smoother-flowing chord structure.
    https://radiotoday.co.uk/2019/04/new-station-sound-for-hits-radio-revealed/

Sadly, disappointed that any "imagination" in jingle production for the UK now has spiralled-in to just the same-old, same-old
    formulaic stuff thats been regurgitated for a number of years now.

Still, soon be just "BBC plus 2 commercial competitors" so any variety of radio choice shrinking rapidly - and I'll be sticking
    with the Beeb - especially if Craig Charles on Radio 2 can get away with playing the Barry Gray Orchestra "Joe90" AND "Thunderbirds"
    1960s TV theme music at 5 o'clock on a Monday afternoon! Good radio is NOT dead!
    :^)
  • You're pushing on an open door there Iain.

I prefer what Reelworld have done for Downtown Country:

https://soundcloud.com/reelworldeurope/reelworld-downtown-country-jingles-2015

The Country Hits package is like their presenters, style over content. Everyone looks great !
  • mjb1124mjb1124 April 9
    The Country Hits package sounds a lot like their "Fuzion" country package, just with a bit more of the heavily autotuned "singing". Definitely style over substance, but I guess that's what the bean counters want. I much prefer TM's EVO Hot Country package, it sounds young and energetic, but still very musical.
  • WAVAWAVA April 9

1) reelworld for the "Country" station - sounds like the exact same as RW-USA have been churning out for 20-odd years. Not impressed.

Its the Reelworld Fuzion Country package.