Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Leicester Sound FM 1992 Christmas Tape
  • jonnojonno November 2
    I think I posted this once before - ages ago. I've been going through my last few remaining cassettes - dubbing interesting stuff before throwing them out and I unearthed this one again (can't find the original dub I made).

Not strictly jingle related, but a bit of fun and there is a spoof jingle in there!

https://soundcloud.com/jonno-12/leicester-sound-fm-1992-christmas-tape/s-flaT3

• mbmb November 2
    I love the "yes indeedy its Leicester sound FM sweeper"!
  • IainJohnstonIainJohnston November 2
    "Christmas Tapes" used to be quite a "tradition" for stations pre-digital/corporate radio era.

And of course usually "embarrassing" for the "victims" of those whose better-to-have-been-erased
    "out-takes" were carefully lifted up off the equivalent of the "cutting room floor".
    :^)

I might have a hunt though my old tapes for anything similar!

(PS - I still have quite a few digitized copies of the B&st%rd Brothers items - which like "Christmas
    Tapes" were of course "NOT for Broadcast" !
  • jonnojonno November 2
    mb said:

I love the "yes indeedy its Leicester sound FM sweeper"!

I should know, but who is that V/O ?
  • The one near the begining is JR Nelson from Z-100, unfortunately he’s passed away. Voice of the Superstation and Capital
  • mbmb November 3
    One of the most amazing station voice over artists ever - His sweepers still sound HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE
  • Agreed, I miss hearing him.
    Having said that, the great John B Wells is very much with us (still sounding great!) and hosting his own talk show in the states but does VO work/imaging as "a hobby".