Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Geoffy B's new JAM/PAMS jingles
  • ratnobratnob August 24
    I blame my younger son. Ever since he started calling me Geoffy B, I knew this was the perfect name for jingles.

So, yes, I've defied the wrath of Mrs B and bought three new personal cuts. I hope you'll agree that they are as stunning as ever. I'm especially proud of the way JMW and I have reinvented the PAMS Power Play cut by adding lyrics over that brassy instrumental tag:

http://www.geoffbarton.co.uk/files/_IDs/GB-Aug_2018.m4a

POSITRON 1:
    More cheesy fav’rites
    He’s Geoffy B

HYPERLINK 12:
    SHOUTS:
    Go go Geoffy B
    Go Go Geoffy B
    Always cheesy; never sleazy
    END SING
    He’s Geoffy B
    Geoff Barton

PAMS:
    Series 37: "Power Play”: Cut 10

Hey Geoffy B
    Hey Geoffy B
    Play my favourites
    Hey Geoff … Geoffy B … Playin’ songs … just for me
    Hey Geoff … Geoffy B … Playin’ songs … just for me

Find all my personal cuts here:
    http://geoffbarton.co.uk/files/_IDs/Geoff-JAM.m4a

• Bloomin' Heck Geoff!

THAT's how to do a Series 37 cut FIFTY YEARS later!
    And it sounds "fresh" as a proverbial. Nice work from JMW
    :^)

PS - the mixouts of items 2 and 3 should be rather interesting I would think!
  • mbmb August 25
    really really nice - love em well done !!
  • That Power Play #10 may be my favourite Geoffy B cut, beautiful!
  • Now why do I have the theme to 'Are You Being Served?' in my head?

• scotronscotron August 25
    Fabulous cuts Geoff. Perfection as always from Jon. Waiting for my latest PAMS cut.
  • PKPK August 25
    Great jingles Geoffy B!!! The Positron Cut is one of my favourites.

I remember Radio Veronica having a version of that PAMS Powerplay jingle that they used in their early 1970’s offshore radio days on board the Nordeney.
  • pvankleipvanklei August 25
    Very nice. The PAMS series 37 Playdate jingle brings memories back. Radio Veronica on 538 meter edited the original PAMS demo cut in 1974 and sung over it 'Fun with Veronica'.

Waiting for my latest personal cut from JAM.

Peter
  • ratnobratnob August 25

Now why do I have the theme to 'Are You Being Served?' in my head?

I wouldn't have made that connection, but understand why you did (and no, it's not the demon drink). Thanks for not resorting to the show's innuendos.
  • Thanks for not resorting to the show's innuendos.

You got a problem with Mrs. Slocombe's pussy?
  • PKPK August 26
    Meow!!!
  • m_hodgeym_hodgey August 26
    Another fine selection of cuts Geoff; even before I heard them, I knew they would all sound fantastic!

For me, the “Go go Geoffy B” Hyperlink cut is my favourite of the bunch. Thanks for sharing.
  • mjb1124mjb1124 August 26
    Great selection of cuts. Positron cut 1 will always be one of my favorites no matter how much I hear it, and the other two have fun and creative lyrical adaptions of usually-instrumental sections, as per usual from Geoffy B.
  • Davey_wDavey_w August 27
    Fantastic jingles Geoffy B! That Series 37 cut is my fave from the package - glad to see it given a fantastic new lease of life! And yes mjb1124, that Positron cut is a timeless classic. It just sizzles with energy!

Looks like a lot of us have got some cuts in the pipeline then! I've also ordered some PAMS and JAM cuts so they'll be with me in a few weeks. Really excited about them! I will of course share them here.
  • ntcarver0ntcarver0 August 27
    Now that's how to do jingles. Awesome as ever. Especially enjoyed HYPERLINK 12, and who doesn't love PAMS!
  • tcruise3tcruise3 August 27
    I always know that when Geoffy B says "I've got new personal cuts" we are always in for a treat!
    Now, I've listened to as many Geoffy B jingles as I could find but I don't ever recall hearing a "Bob Dinan" personal cut. Do any exist?
  • ratnobratnob August 29
    tcruise3 said:

I always know that when Geoffy B says "I've got new personal cuts" we are always in for a treat!
    Now, I've listened to as many Geoffy B jingles as I could find but I don't ever recall hearing a "Bob Dinan" personal cut. Do any exist?

Funny you should mention that. Some years back (in 2011) I was sent some 'Bob Dinan' jingles out of the blue, made by Brandy in Belgium. They were in the depths of my jingle collection. Here's what they sound like:
    http://www.geoffbarton.co.uk/files/_IDs/Brandy-Bob.m4a
  • jonnojonno August 29
    Cool.. Radio 210 David Arnold tracks if I'm not mistaken
  • tcruise3tcruise3 August 29
    Excellent! (I actually thought when you said out of the blue that you were going to say "made by S2 Blue").