Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Radio West in vision
  • mbmb August 24
    This came up in my Twitter feed (thanks David!) - and thought I'd post it for interest for anyone who hasn't seen it.
    Lot's of lovely Radio West TM jingles and an accurate depection of what goes on in a breakfast show studio :) I think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=75&v=8wGoT1fdY_4

• Brilliant!
    Never thought Roger Day looked like that! (...not really...)

Was down that way when those jingles were in use...1983 possibly(?) and heard those & Roger on-air.
    The "horoscope" bit has been severally edit-down - as a time-filler for the needle-time Mr Day had
    to pad those out big-time.

I've a good quality WAV copy of those TM cuts (Muff resings?) if anyone wants 'em ( includes mixouts ;^) )
  • IanFIanF August 25

Brilliant!
    (Muff resings?)

Most definately. Famously known as the 'Radio Weh' package ;)
  • "Famously known as the 'Radio Weh' package"

It was indeed!
    "Enunciate, enunciate, enunciate!"

Probably why the follow-up custom was "Ra-di-o West For You" to be clearer - and of course to "create"
    a package with 6 sylables to try to flog it "backwards" into the USA pehaps - wonder if anyone else ever
    took it? (...other than the insts being on C&rl*n #188...)

Officially, Airpower and things.

A quick sample...
    https://soundcloud.com/allthebestjingles01/ij-radiowest-tm-airpowerexamples/s-J5sI8

The second last item is a hint at certain New York logo - Messrs Walker & Day perhaps?
    and the final item an example of why "....Weh" as the "st" gets lost in the mix;
    JMW once explained to me why JAM vocals often have a touch of over-emphasis on the very
    last sylable on an end-tail - the Radio West MMI resings show what can happen when its
    UNDER-emphasis!
  • jonnojonno August 25
    It was fun to see that again :)
  • ChrisBChrisB August 25

I am sure the TM package was airworks, not airpower.
  • "airworks, not airpower"

I'm happy to stand corrected! (Must check my demo dubs more carefully...)

Just out of interest - there is possibly a version of those that were done for Downtown
    Radio in Ireland circa 1980-ish.

Anyone ever found a dub perhaps?

(Or even the ones for Force Sept (Force Seven) St Malo France posssibly 1987?)