Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

TM Productions Demos
  • johnquincyjohnquincy August 23
    A new page has been added to JingleSamplers.com dedicated to classic TM Productions demos.

The direct link is: http://jinglesamplers.com/tmdemos.htm

All demos came from the personal archives of Ken R. Deutsch and were treated with CEDAR noise reduction.

More demos will be added as Ken processes them.

• Now THAT is going to be well worth exploring, and to replace poor quality old dubs :^)

Couple of typos? Warm & Wonderful is WPEN Philadelphia, not WBEN which I believe was Buffalo?
    Nothing too serious though!

Sad that so many of the ref copies of the many station versions of these packages got scrapped
    after one of the mergers/takeovers...apart from some of us with crumbling ancient station dubs...
  • always love to see your updates ted. wonderful!
  • jonnojonno August 23
    Wow, just downloaded these to play in the car on the daily commute. Looks like about 16 hours worth !!
  • glenglen August 24
    WMAQ Custom is Country High and the KBUC Custom is America's Country
  • tcarmantcarman August 24

Warm & Wonderful is WPEN Philadelphia

Sad that so many of the ref copies of the many station versions of these packages got scrapped
    after one of the mergers/takeovers...apart from some of us with crumbling ancient station dubs...

Brian Beck, who sang on Warm & Wonderful, told me how in awe he was of the singers he listened to and learned from who were now singing with him on this package. The package, produced in August 1969, WAS remixed to stereo back in the day. The 4-track reduction master is sitting on the shelf here.

Here are some mixes I've previously posted for grins. Hope you all enjoy them.........

https://soundcloud.com/mpf-one-minute-montages/wpen-tm-productions-warm

https://soundcloud.com/user-933436632/tm-warm-wonderful-acappella-lifts

https://soundcloud.com/user-933436632/wdbo_tm

• Thanks TC :^)

I have a CD dub from KenR of that WMAQ custom - as a "request dub" - he sent it in error thinking it was
    "The Sound of Chicago" package.

"Warm & Wonderful" - away back in 1969/70 I got a scrounged dub of the KPRC Houston version direct from
    the station, sadly in 3&3/4 IPS (my own fault); it still lies here in tatters but in an "official" KPRC 5-inch box!

Excellent MOR package for its era.
    :^)
  • OnyxPaulOnyxPaul August 26
    Is it me or does the WMAQ Basics Demo sound like it's been speeded up?
  • Yes someone had the vari-speed in whilst transferring this to digital. Great package - new to me and on the lust list now !
  • jonnojonno August 27
    I was waiting to return to work to listen to these demos on the daily commute, but your remark piqued my interest Graham. I love this package a - the sound of TM packages from this era just has a certain something that does it for me.
  • ntcarver0ntcarver0 August 27
    Listening to the TM Count On Us Demo (WBZ). You can definitely hear the genius of Tom Merriman at work. Love 'em!
  • "the sound of TM packages from this era just has a certain something that does it for me"

Worth remembering that some of us have CDs-worth of TM bought from the KenR collection
    should anyone want a dub or two...as well as the odd digitized old tape...
    :^)
  • I've grabbed the WMAQ Basics demo and slowed in down 5% - now it sounds right. Cut 6 is just superb.

The demo is in stereo - so I assume WMAQ broadcast in AM stereo.
  • tcarmantcarman August 27
    At some point I'll start dubbing all of the TM Demos and PreRecords from the original 1/4" mixdown tapes. Getting the reference tapes done was "top priority" and I haven't had the time to go back to those reels, yet.
  • johnquincyjohnquincy August 28
    The "We Hear You" (WTAE) and "What Have You Done" (WHN) TM demos have been added. Plus the speed has been corrected on the "WMAQ Basics" demo.
  • jinglejoejinglejoe August 28
    Super! Thanx.
  • pvankleipvanklei August 28
    Thanks John, but the link of We Hear you is What Have You Done and visa versa.

Peter
  • ratnobratnob August 28

A new page has been added to JingleSamplers.com dedicated to classic TM Productions demos.
    The direct link is: http://jinglesamplers.com/tmdemos.htm
    All demos came from the personal archives of Ken R. Deutsch and were treated with CEDAR noise reduction.

Belatedly, thank you. A magnificent collection of demos.
  • jinglejoejinglejoe August 30
    These are just fantastic! One of my favorite country packages, HOT COUNTRY, has the sound you can sink your teeth into. And there are 4 versions here, listed as Kicker 98. What a bonus!
    Thanx again.
  • Thank you for uploading those John
    Boy, TM really liked the BIG sell didn't they? It felt a bit like being back at school.
    I could have done with a "here, have some jingles!"
  • bodo1980bodo1980 September 5
    Hello,

Wow, what a great collection! Thank you for uploading.

There are many demos included I did never know bevore.

BTW: every month I buy the MPF Basic's Collection from Tracy Carman. It's a good idea to release these old jingle packages again for fans.

Some years ago there was a MPF CD collection available for sale. But sadly I did not know about this at this time and now it is no more for sale.

Is there anyone of you so nice to do a copy of this collection for me to download or are some cds available for sale?

Thanks

Ronny
  • johnquincyjohnquincy September 18
    Several more demos have been added to JingleSamplers.com, as well as the Century 21 OPUS '75 pre-records.
  • MarcMannetjeMarcMannetje September 25
    Great to here all those cuts again!

In 1977 Veronica in The Netherlands purchased The Power by TM. The logo melody became their signature sound ever since. Reelworld, JAM (Hitpower), Top Format (Veronica TV), Wisebuddah: they kept the 6 note logo (This-Is-Ve-Ro-Ni-Ca) in almost every package they produced for the broadcaster. Sometimes just 4 notes (Ve-ro-ni-ca).

The Dutch 'Association of Jingles and Tunes' published the heritage package. Here are all main cuts:

https://soundcloud.com/marcmannetje/tm-jinglepackage-the-power-for-veronica