Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

"Country 107.3" CJDL Tillsonburg, Ont
  • Here's some jingles from the station that I recorded off the air when signal lift/tropo conditions wiped out the near 20,000 blowtorch just 11 miles away from me to reveal CJDL, only 7,500 watts at a distance of 150 miles. They are very 80s sounding to me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WBNNqX9IiUKY0e36D2c9aCCqCvZ2UBFi/view?usp=sharing
  • They sound like JAM to me.
  • glenglen August 7
    KYGO NEW TRADITIONS PACKAGE?
  • Certainly the TOH under the noise sounds very like one of the JAM country cuts used on MOR
    Ocean Sound & Southern Sound on the South Coast of England a few years ago.

Having been in that area on summer holiday when those jingles were on air, I can say that they
    did "work well on the air" - would never have guessed at the time that they were intended for a
    "country" format !

PS - good FM "DXing" Mr Walker !
  • mbmb August 7
    And the news intro on BBC CWR (Incarnation one)
  • LenGroatLenGroat August 8
    Yes that's the KYGO News jingle (love it !) which we had re-sung, and used for 2 years with a slight edit on the instrumental logo melody part!

https://soundcloud.com/len-groat/sggam-news
  • Certainly the TOH under the noise sounds very like one of the JAM country cuts used on MOR
    Ocean Sound & Southern Sound on the South Coast of England a few years ago.

Having been in that area on summer holiday when those jingles were on air, I can say that they
    did "work well on the air" - would never have guessed at the time that they were intended for a
    "country" format !

PS - good FM "DXing" Mr Walker !

I live up on a really tall hill, one of the tallest residential points for hundreds of miles, so that and my empty radio dial really help.

CJDL certainly has a "Throwback" feel to it's all overall sound and presentation