Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Dog Arnold in radiotheme Tony Blackburn
  • Hi there,

Radioguys like us do know Arnold, the dog which had a major role since 1967 in the Tony Blackburn theme Beefeaters by Johnny Dankworth. Arnold did not exist, as we we all know. But the dog-in-audio did, as you can hear in the theme.

Question: where came this audio from?
    NOT FROM: Jack Dorsey - Ringo's dog.
    Do yo know?

Thanks in advance!

Benno
  • PKPK August 4
    Why not send an Email to Tony and ask him???

I know that Arnold was born on the MV Mi Amigo on board Radio Caroline South, sometime in 1964 and came from a sound effects LP in the record library on the ship.

• PK said:

I know that Arnold was born on the MV Mi Amigo on board Radio Caroline South, sometime in 1964 and came from a sound effects LP in the record library on the ship.

Exactly right...It was an American set of Sound Effects LP's (I had a couple of the LP's back in the late 1970's)
    But I'm sure if you search hard enough you will find it "on-line" somewhere....
    Incidentally I don't like the "re-mixed" version used nowadays on BBC Radio Two though!

• # PK, good idea, have you got his email-adress? You can send it to benno@jingleweb.nl
    Thanks in advance!
    Benno
  • Tried to email it to you but it bounced back......