Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Reelworld Europe - SLAM!
  • mjb1124mjb1124 April 6
    This might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like these new cuts for Dutch rhythmic pop station SLAM!. They sound hot, flashy, edgy, energetic, current - yet still clear and musical. And a creative way of creating a multi-note logo out of a one-syllable name, without resorting to "This is". Europe shows how it's done once again.

http://www.jinglenews.com/2018/04/06/reelworld-creates-fresh-new-sound-for-slam/
  • you are right.
    just tried to listen to the 'steamline' package, and i wonder what the point is. its as exciting as 'new&now', which was neither....
    this slam thing hits the mark for hot programming, which is what its about now.
    and, i will take odds it sells at a 4:1 rate over the old school thing....
    not that anyone here cares, ;-))
  • mjb1124mjb1124 April 7
    "I wonder what the point is" of bringing Streamline into this discussion. Of course this is more "hot" and "exciting" sounding than an AC package, because this is for rhythmic CHR (or its rough Dutch equivalent). Though if I wanted to find a likeness between the two, I'd say they both achieve the goal of fitting their respective clients' current sound without sacrificing musicality.

• IanFIanF April 7
    mjb1124 said:

"I wonder what the point is" of bringing Streamline into this discussion. Of course this is more "hot" and "exciting" sounding than an AC package, because this is for rhythmic CHR (or its rough Dutch equivalent). Though if I wanted to find a likeness between the two, I'd say they both achieve the goal of fitting their respective clients' current sound without sacrificing musicality.

Well said! Both JAM and Reelworld have happy clients because they achieved what the stations want. Well done JAM and Reelworld!

• I agree. Reelworld not my cup of tea, but these cuts match the music genre. Horses for courses ;)
  • rakrak April 7
    Yes, both the Jam and Reelworld packages sound good, and will no doubt be what the clients wanted.