Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

My website is now deleted
  • mikelowndsmikelownds December 6
    Hi everyone,

Very long time no post!

Just to let you know I've now closed my website of radio jingles. It hadn't really been updated for about a decade, and people these days tend to use Soundcloud etc.

Very many thanks to the many collectors over the years who have sent me packages, it has been very much appreciated. Also to those who had my website linked on their website.

I've almost hung up my jingle collecting hat, my only wants are: Radio 2 JAM packages 1976 & 1978, and if anyone has any Radio Stoke packages to share, that would be nice ☺️

Have a jingling Christmas & New Year.
  • ratnobratnob December 6
    Blimey, Mike. You might have broken that news a bit more gently. You were always one of the names I most associated with jingleMad.
    Here's my Radio 2 1976 copy. Listening to it reminds me precisely why I fell in love with jingles. I think it's just perfect. Others on here may have better quality. But enjoy. And thanks for the jingle friendship.
    http://www.geoffbarton.co.uk//files/_IDs/Radio-2-1976.mp3
    G
  • Mike, the first JAM package was recorded in the summer of 1976, known internally at the BBC as the 'C' Series. PAMS 1972 was the 'A' and PAMS 1974 was the 'B'. The 'D' Series, from JAM, followed in 1978 and included the famous frequency change image songs. To my knowledge no jingles were purchased in 1977.
  • mikelowndsmikelownds December 7
    ratnob said:

Blimey, Mike. You might have broken that news a bit more gently. You were always one of the names I most associated with jingleMad.
    Here's my Radio 2 1976 copy. Listening to it reminds me precisely why I fell in love with jingles. I think it's just perfect. Others on here may have better quality. But enjoy. And thanks for the jingle friendship.
    http://www.geoffbarton.co.uk//files/_IDs/Radio-2-1976.mp3
    G

Thanks very much Geoff. I've sent you an e-mail.

• mikelowndsmikelownds December 7

Mike, the first JAM package was recorded in the summer of 1976, known internally at the BBC as the 'C' Series. PAMS 1972 was the 'A' and PAMS 1974 was the 'B'. The 'D' Series, from JAM, followed in 1978 and included the famous frequency change image songs. To my knowledge no jingles were purchased in 1977.

Oops, a typo on my part, Graham, I did indeed mean 1978 (not 1977). My original post now amended.

Thanks for advising how they various packages were known at the BBC.

• Paul+MPaul M December 10
    Hi

Thanks to Geoff Barton very much enjoyed listening to the BBC Radio 2 Package. On it I heard 'Sunday on Radio 2'. Is there anyone that could very kindly supply me with the days of the week - assume there was also a weekend version and also the Morning Afternoon and Evening Variations
    I would be very very grateful

Thank you so very Much