Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Old Radio Jingles
  • jonnojonno November 29
    Just a heads up for those who aren't aware, but there is a SoundCloud user, Andy Rutherford (I'm not sure if he is a member here) who has posted tons of great stuff especially with a Scottish bias It's well worth checking out his audio ..

https://soundcloud.com/old-radio-jingles/tracks

• ratnobratnob December 4
    A great find. Thank you.
    G
  • IainJohnstonIainJohnston December 5
    I've been aware of Andy Rutherford audio for a couple of years but unsuccessful trying to get a reply.
    He doesn't seem to be in contact with anyone I know, but he does appear on the Irvine Beat
    community station in Ayrshire.

He clearly has a LOT of classic jingles audio for/from Scottish stations, including items that I've not
    heard in-the-clear or in good quality from any of the "usual sources". He's definitely had some
    kind of "Inside track" in the past I think.

A lot of pre-internet-era jingles audio from these parts never really "got out", often due to the
    producers not being the usual "mainstream" UK ones or the well-known UK sales agents for
    the USA producers. Anything from the SoundHouse/Balfe/Highland Studios setup particularly.

I think he may well have a "goldmine" of rare audio, but I don't know if he knows this Forum and its
    many solid & reliable UK collectors exists. It would be great to hear from him!
    I'll have an other shot at contacting him