Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Jingles are History
  • LenGroatLenGroat October 21
    At last a radio book is out by someone who actually worked in Hospital Radio/ ILR / the IBA / BBC / and was also a 'suit' in later years!

David 'Radio Moments' Lloyd, has a new history of ILR, and more, and his years as a 'suit'. Wait for it, it's called ... 'Radio Moments' *

In it are several 'jingle tales' - so 'Jingles are now History' ! And it's worth getting just to read all the other Juicy ILR / BBC / IBA stuff

For review purposes, here's a taster....

http://imgbox.com/W3aDnLKB

* Published by BiteBack Publishing - £14.99
  • jonnojonno October 21
    £6.77 on Amazon + £2.80p&p
  • IainJohnstonIainJohnston October 21
    Or about £11 quid with "free delivery"

One of the other "side show" sellers has it available under "used - like new" - that must have been a quick "read" !

Len - I was just a bit worried by the phrase "Jingles are history" - for a moment I thought they'd been suddenly
    abandoned by the radio industry!
  • MarcMannetjeMarcMannetje October 21
    Great to see you are part of jingle heritage Len, thanks for sharing!
  • gameswizardgameswizard October 21
    jonno said:

£6.77 on Amazon + £2.80p&p

Link for anyone interested:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Radio-Moments/dp/1785902725/ref=sr_1_97?m=A1FZOOUA8MZG8K
  • IainJohnstonIainJohnston October 21
    Sudden thought - don't supposed David has a "Personally Signed by the Author" service available,
    e.g. as with Johnny Beerling's book?

(..or will I have to wait in the queue at the local Waterstone's at some stage, behind all the punters
    after the latest "Scottish Crime Noir" signing by Messrs Rankin, McBride et al?)
  • star+tetleystar tetley October 29

Or about £11 quid with "free delivery"

One of the other "side show" sellers has it available under "used - like new" - that must have been a quick "read" !

Len - I was just a bit worried by the phrase "Jingles are history" - for a moment I thought they'd been suddenly
    abandoned by the radio industry!

Some would say that they have.