Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

An American's Perspective: 50 Years of BBC Radio 1
  • MorganOCTLMorganOCTL September 30
    It was my honor to interview Johnny Beerling for the 50th anniversary of Radio 1. We talked about a little bit of everything from offshore pirate radio to "The Beatles Story" to Live Aid, including a few comments on jingles. Happy Birthday, Radio 1! - Feel free to listen to the interview on-demand via this link - https://interviewuniverse.com/johnnybeerling/
  • scotronscotron October 1
    Great interview with Johnny. Wonderful history of Radio 1. I do remember the Radio Club. You came to visit the Electric Garden in Glasgow a couple of times. Plus, I remember Noel Edmonds visiting a hall in Stewarton in Ayrshire. I have photos some where. Well done Morgan.
  • MorganOCTLMorganOCTL October 7
    scotron said:

Great interview with Johnny. Wonderful history of Radio 1. I do remember the Radio Club. You came to visit the Electric Garden in Glasgow a couple of times. Plus, I remember Noel Edmonds visiting a hall in Stewarton in Ayrshire. I have photos some where. Well done Morgan.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'd love to see the pictures if you ever find them, and I'm sure some other Radio 1 fans would like to see them, too!