Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Are companies still doing personal cuts?
  • Hi all.
    Does anyone know if JAM is still doing personal cuts? I've put in two requests for quotes, one through JAM's website about 3 months ago and never received a reply. Last week, I tried to put in another request (in the event the first one didn't make it) and got an error when submitting the request. So, I instead sent them a fax with the requested information. No reply to that either.
    Is this a possible sign that jingle companies are shying away from the small personal orders for more commercial orders?

Just wondering. Are their still some companies doing personal cuts? I know iJingles went bye bye a while back too.

Thanks,
    Terry
  • There have been new JAM personal cuts posted here in the past couple months, such as the Solid Gold GEM AM ones. Not sure what's going on with you. Jon Wolfert posts here so maybe he can provide an answer.

As for other companies, I think Radioscape and Tony Griffin Productions will do them, though they aren't advertised on their respective websites. Not sure about any of the non-Dallas companies.
  • Speaking from personal recent experience ... JAM certainly still do personal cuts!
  • Try a simple email to this address:

JamPersonalCuts@jingles.com

Unless you've blotted your copybook, Jon will get back to you in due course.

Look forward to hearing the results.
  • Thanks all for the feedback. Glad to hear there are still personal cuts to be sung!

Terry
  • nleibonleibo May 12
    I can tell you for a fact that Jon did some personal cuts for me within the last month or so--only took about a month or so between the initial email. As Graham suggested, if you don't hear back from Jon within a week or so, follow up with a personal email to Jon.
  • I'm kind of new to this, what's a general cost of personal cuts?
  • WDMZ, even better, hear the samplers!

https://www.pams.com/audio/d_pams_pc.mp3

http://jingles.com/audio/s_jam_pc2013.mp3

And on the JAM one in particular you can hear ones re-sung for quite a few people on this forum :^)

Although if you're a low-power FM you best contact JAM directly for advice as you're "broadcast" rather
    than non-broadcast.
    And there's still TM's budget service for broadcast stations...
    http://www.studiodragonfly.com/

PS - the IRS package you've discussed on the other thread, there's no custom vocals on that, its all
    "library" items, and I think you'd still need contract/consent to use the copyrighted material on-air.
  • get a $25 sono from ken and cut it into the freedman stuff.
    i think kens site is dallas sono or sonovox. ted tatman surely can hook you up at jingle samplers.com
  • tcarmantcarman July 11

get a $25 sono from ken and cut it into the freedman stuff.
    i think kens site is dallas sono or sonovox. ted tatman surely can hook you up at jingle samplers.com

Ken Justiss' site is sonodallas.com and he does GREAT work.

• scotronscotron July 11
    Hi Guys. Re the link to Studiodragonfly, I am getting a malware warning.
  • glenglen July 11
    Me too!!!
  • PKPK July 11
    I posted the same comment in another thread about a week ago. Same problem on all devices!
  • No warnings regarding http://www.studiodragonfly.com/ here.
    Using Firefox 52.2.1.
  • I'm not sure that studiodragonfly are accepting new orders? Maybe Greg (or Sean) can weigh in...
  • nleibonleibo July 15
    I happened to have a personal jingle made by Greg, recently (posted about a week ago)--so I know it's possible..:)
  • scotron said:

Hi Guys. Re the link to Studiodragonfly, I am getting a malware warning.

Same here on two browsers that use Google's SafeBrowsing database. Obviously the one that doesn't connected and, as far as I could tell, no nefarious traffic.

CanadaJim said:

I'm not sure that studiodragonfly are accepting new orders? Maybe Greg (or Sean) can weigh in...

If so this would (almost) appear to be a replacement for the now-defunct iJingles. I'd be interested to hear the official info on this.
  • Studio Dragonfly is not a replacement for ijingles, it has been around for years, at least since 2002
  • OnyxPaul said:

Studio Dragonfly is not a replacement for ijingles, it has been around for years, at least since 2002

What I meant is that SD, as a division of TM, would then be the only arm of TM offering personal jingles such as the dedicated iJingles did before its demise (assuming they indeed are offering production of personal jingles). I am aware of how SD is a subdivision of TM.
  • Before IJingles both myself and Pete Wilson have ordered personal cuts from TM

I don't know the policy now but it was previously possible
  • I can't check here at work as our server thinks Studio Dragonfly will harm my computer for some reason but from memory they have a minimum four cut order policy to deter one off small orders from interested individuals.
  • I had a package vis SD in 2005, in that case it was the 'five' package for a decent price, there was only 5 cuts in the package ...

Can never be 100% as you say the site flags now as malicious :/ But it 'was' as far as I recall a 10 cut minimum but payable via depost & repayments or a lump ...

The 'five' package was the exception as it only had the five cuts ...
  • I had a package vis SD in 2005, in that case it was the 'five' package for a decent price, there was only 5 cuts in the package ...

Can never be 100% as you say the site flags now as malicious :/ But it 'was' as far as I recall a 10 cut minimum but payable via depost & repayments or a lump ...

The 'five' package was the exception as it only had the five cuts ...

I have not purchased from them for a long time but I did purchase a 4 cut package and 6 cut package

I don't think they are still available but I am sure there is the five package and the Severn package which is 7 cuts are still For sale via SD

• tcarmantcarman July 20
    While I wasn't going to start using this cut until the holidays, here's a sampler including my "personal cut" sung last month by Tony Griffin Productions.

The first cut is the original custom sing from April 2000 done for KODJ in Salt Lake City.
    The second cut is the familiar one, sung in 2000, known by many for WCBS-FM in New York City.
    The third cut is the June 2017 resing done for me.

https://soundcloud.com/user-702563692/tony-griffin-productions-superhits-cut17-sampler
  • ratnobratnob August 3
    tcarman said:

While I wasn't going to start using this cut until the holidays, here's a sampler including my "personal cut" sung last month by Tony Griffin Productions.

https://soundcloud.com/user-702563692/tony-griffin-productions-superhits-cut17-sampler

Lovely.
  • Beautiful Harmonies on your version TC (it's like they've gone back to the late 70's for the original Vocal Group!)
  • simon_t123simon_t123 August 26
    Not quite beautiful harmonies but a modern take on the jingle ... A personal cut 'per-se' that's just been delivered here via Reelworld :)

https://soundcloud.com/flamingoodmedia/the-groove-2017-reeworld-one-chr-pluto-funk-mixdown-sampler

Reelworld Europe were fine supplying the one cut on application so it's worth considering if what they have to offer suits your needs ... An interesting point about RW is that they supply the usual mixouts of each theme but also the instrumental and if applicable the production bed versions and the vocals in the clear, it's expensive for sure but you get what you pay for (the breeze version in the montage above formed the brief for what I was after) ... Reelworld are Seattle based I believe, and the singers were from Nashville I was told.

I'm running these as a top of hour alongside Dallas material which came from TM Studios via iJingles but until now hasn't seen use ... The TM stuff works well in the hour, the RW top of hour doesn't jar any as all the themes are highly disco-centric & by the time I ordered the Dallas cuts TM vocal groups seemed to have a more RW / modern sound than I ever remembered them to have, so the imaging seems to play nicely together ...

https://soundcloud.com/flamingoodmedia/the-groove-2017-in-hour-imaging-tm-studios-cuts-from-lite-fm-packages-main-versions-sampler

I did a lot of research into personal cuts before I went with RW this time, there isn't a lot of provision about these days, when I enquired with the UK agent for TM recently about some matching cuts from LITE FM they were none too sure if TM would supply cuts singularly, I know JAM does, with the best will in the world I've never quite followed an order through there :( A few years back when iJingles was the go-to personal cuts provider there were many other mainly US based jingle houses offering personal cuts at reduced rates. Now it seems you have to pay the market rate per jingle. Possibly because online radio is becoming on par with broadcast radio, it's no-longer the hobbyist, non-commercial personal cuts market they once sold into. The issues with royalties especially for non-commercial webcasters are many, it's almost like the powers that be closed the door on the indy webcasters by charging nigh-on extorionate royalty rates in exchange for bottle-necked TLH / hours ...

Radionomy is where I'm at for now, and that warranted the purchase from Reelworld ...

If any folk come across personal cuts vendors please share, it's an interesting topic :)

There are the European providers that represent good value for money but I could never accept their accented English singing for my use unfortunately :/
  • Thanks for posting

Only other company's that I can think of that does personal cuts are

beaspoke @ £129.00 per cut

And

Jingles factory @ Euro 100.00 per cut