Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

New Station Using JAM, 100.9 K Hits FM
  • 100.9 WKNL New London, CT which had been Hot AC 100.9 Roxy FM for the past few years has flipped back to classic hits, this time known as "100.9 K Hits FM" Before Roxy, they had been Kool 101, using a couple different TM packages. I just put on their stream and heard a Z100 JAM jingle!

http://bighitsbigfun.com/
  • mjb1124mjb1124 March 2
    First jingle I heard was a resing from Right Direction, which of course was originally done for another Connecticut station, WDRC-FM!

Also heard a Breakthrough cut - sounds like a nice composite here.
  • tyty21tyty21 March 2
    i was just about to say!
  • tyty21tyty21 March 3
    so far, heard cuts from breakthrough, warp factor, right direction, and power station
  • jlehmannjlehmann March 10
    Finally had a chance to record the stream for a few hours and catch some of the jingles. I'm not sure if this is all of them or not. https://soundcloud.com/user721092295/1009-wknl-new-london-ct-20170310-jam-jingles
  • tyty21tyty21 March 11
    well, they must be building up! I found 2 cuts not heard here. I think they're sort of going the same route as a station a few states up, in Burlington, VT, WKOL, Kool 105, using a pretty sweet composite package if I do say so myself, and they've been with Jam before, 2 legal ID's over on tophour confirm otherwise. one using Forever Kool, and another using Home Of The Hits cut 12, 1 of my favorite cuts.
  • mjb1124mjb1124 March 11
    I know there's also a resing of the "Rockin America" cut from The Flame Thrower(albeit not with those lyrics). I think the others I've heard are all in there, though Tyrone also said there's Warp Factor in there.

Great to hear actual 2017 JAM vocals after what was posted below, in any case!
  • jlehmannjlehmann March 11
    It's not surprising that there'd be similarities with WKOL. Both stations are owned by Hall Communications. Back when WKNL was "Kool 101," they both used the same logo. They didn't go back to the Kool name this time, because that name and logo is now being used nearby by Kool 1180/104.3. I haven't listened lately, but last I heard, Kool didn't have any jingles of their own, just poor edits of old PAMS material.