Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

A Newly-Resurfaced Image Campaign from TM's "Best Things In Life" Package
  • AH3RDAH3RD April 2016
    And it's for WYTV Channel 33, the ABC station in Youngstown, OH! Enjoy. :)

https://www.facebook.com/genevasconi/videos/983745851662750/
  • jinglejoejinglejoe April 2016
    WGAR Cleveland ran a Cleveland version of this in 1975. Totally different tune, but the words are nearly identical to these, just Cleveland-centric. Vocals were different too, but it was a great promo.
    jc
  • TGPTXSALESTGPTXSALES April 2016
    The Best Things in Life was written and produced by Otis Conner in 1977 at Gavin Conner Productions LTD in Dallas. This custom was WBNS TV 10 in Columbus. In 1978 the package was sold to TM Productions when Kevin Gavin and Otis Conner split up their partnership. Also sold were Take a Good Look a TV package produced for WTAE TV in Pittsburgh, Listen UP Pittsburgh a Radio ID package for WTAE Radio, and This is Where The Music Starts a Radio ID package for WASH FM in Washington DC. All written and produced by Otis Conner
  • jinglejoejinglejoe April 2016
    Thanx!
  • iJinglesiJingles April 2016
    Thanks for the info Steve.
  • AH3RDAH3RD January 23
    So...nothing has turned up of this demo reel, as yet??
  • tcarmantcarman January 24
    AH3RD said:

So...nothing has turned up of this demo reel, as yet??

I don't think anything will turn up on this from the TM archives. The multi-track reels exist, I believe, but there are no reference reels or demos around.

• pvankleipvanklei January 27
    tcarman said:

I don't think anything will turn up on this from the TM archives. The multi-track reels exist, I believe, but there are no reference reels or demos around.

@Tracey: Have there ever been made a real TM demo of the packages 'The best things of live' and 'Take a good look at TV' ?

I have from both packes a track without intro or outro with only the separate cuts. I Allways wondered why the intro and outro was cut of. Could it be original demos from Otis Conner?

Best,

Peter

• TGPTXSALESTGPTXSALES February 25
    Otis Conner with partner Kevin Gavin at the time did produce demos for both packages. Some where in my jingle stash I have the demos since I was the sales guy there.
  • bobgreenradiobobgreenradio February 25
    you know, i must say, otis connor was always kick-ass to the max.
    i loved his stuff.
    just great work, always
  • tcarmantcarman February 26
    pvanklei said:

tcarman said:

@Tracey: Have there ever been made a real TM demo of the packages 'The best things of live' and 'Take a good look at TV' ?

I have from both packes a track without intro or outro with only the separate cuts. I Allways wondered why the intro and outro was cut of. Could it be original demos from Otis Conner?

We've never transferred all of the TM Demo masters and pre-records. They're sitting in the warehouse on a pallet somewhere buried, so I don't know. Your logic is probably correct. TM probably just hacked up the Otis demo and used that instead.